Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Two questions before I start my remaster.

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    24

    Two questions before I start my remaster.

    I have read the tutorial and I can understand all the steps but two things are not clear to me.

    1) When I start my remaster will the remaster at first be based on the the prexisting knoppix distro? Or it will be "blank" if you will, and I can put whatever I want in it?

    2) I want to put some personalized settings that will stay even after a Hard drive install. Mainly default settings for kde. Examples:
    My wallpaper, a prechosen theme, preconfigured file associations in KDE. I am thinking that this will be possible if I alter the config files of my remaster after the download and install of KDE. no?

    Thank you

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    220

    Re: Two questions before I start my remaster.

    Quote Originally Posted by estranged
    I have read the tutorial and I can understand all the steps but two things are not clear to me.

    1) When I start my remaster will the remaster at first be based on the the prexisting knoppix distro? Or it will be "blank" if you will, and I can put whatever I want in it?
    You probably want to start with Knoppix remaster to get the feeling about the way things work and such.

    You can later start from a scratch. A bit lower in this forum you will find instructions how to do it.

    Quote Originally Posted by estranged
    2) I want to put some personalized settings that will stay even after a Hard drive install. Mainly default settings for kde. Examples:
    My wallpaper, a prechosen theme, preconfigured file associations in KDE. I am thinking that this will be possible if I alter the config files of my remaster after the download and install of KDE. no?

    Thank you
    I believe this is the right way to handle things. Mostly you will change setting in /etc and /etc/skell to affect default knoppix user.

Similar Threads

  1. can't start xwindow after remaster!
    By winglion in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-17-2005, 02:08 PM
  2. (Some different) Questions before I start....
    By elldee in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-12-2004, 11:21 PM
  3. a few questions. System doesn't start
    By dobell in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-28-2004, 04:24 PM
  4. How to start xfce4 by default on a remaster
    By mzilikazi in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-08-2004, 08:33 PM
  5. Final questions before I finish my remaster
    By arkaine23 in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-06-2003, 05:40 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Vintage DEC LSI-11 PDP-11 Paper Tape Software Lot (96 Tapes) Cables Hardware picture

Vintage DEC LSI-11 PDP-11 Paper Tape Software Lot (96 Tapes) Cables Hardware

$649.00



Vintage DEC Digital M8048 5013995C PDP-11 LSI 11 ROM (B3) picture

Vintage DEC Digital M8048 5013995C PDP-11 LSI 11 ROM (B3)

$149.99



VINTAGE DEC/MDB Systems MLSI-TEV Circuit Board #40040340 1976 (B5) picture

VINTAGE DEC/MDB Systems MLSI-TEV Circuit Board #40040340 1976 (B5)

$69.99



Vintage Computer Lot Commodore IBM Gateway AT Gaming Towers DEC IBM HUGE CRT LOT picture

Vintage Computer Lot Commodore IBM Gateway AT Gaming Towers DEC IBM HUGE CRT LOT

$7250.00



DEC 3010A Vintage Ceramic chip - ALL LEGS INTACT (BO) picture

DEC 3010A Vintage Ceramic chip - ALL LEGS INTACT (BO)

$100.00



6 Vintage DEC Digital System Building Blocks - Flip Chips  picture

6 Vintage DEC Digital System Building Blocks - Flip Chips

$95.00



Vintage DEC LK201 Digital Equipment Corporation (DEC) LK201-AA Computer Keyboard picture

Vintage DEC LK201 Digital Equipment Corporation (DEC) LK201-AA Computer Keyboard

$149.99



VINTAGE DEC LA34/ LA100 SERIES KEYBOARD W/NUMERIC PAD 70-17864-01C picture

VINTAGE DEC LA34/ LA100 SERIES KEYBOARD W/NUMERIC PAD 70-17864-01C

$140.00



Vintage Digital VR241-A color CRT monitor, powers on, DEC Rainbow or terminal picture

Vintage Digital VR241-A color CRT monitor, powers on, DEC Rainbow or terminal

$150.00



Vintage DEC Digital Starion 200 Desktop PC Powers On Boots To BIOS NO HDD - DW picture

Vintage DEC Digital Starion 200 Desktop PC Powers On Boots To BIOS NO HDD - DW

$269.99