Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Knoppix doesn't load

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    5

    Knoppix doesn't load

    Hi I have just downloaded the latest version of Knoppix via this website (www.knoppix.net) and it will not boot - I have tried repeatedly and every time it gets as far as probing SCSI... aic7xxx.o (or something along those lines) and stays there. I have waited upto an hour on one occasion to see whether it was just very slow (since I have not run it before).
    My machine is a Intel Pentium 4 1.8Ghz with 512MB SDRAM, 4 USB ports (Intel), a Seagate 40GB 7200RPM HDD and a Western Digital 60GB 5400RPM HDD (both on the same IDE chain). The CD reader I am trying it in is a Philips CDRW (54x) and I have also tried booting from the DVD drive in the same way (which is a pretty new (about 4 months old) Lite-on (16x dvd speed) drive. I also have a USB Alcatel Speedtouch modem plugged in, but I have tried with it unplugged also, and AGP GeForce2 MX440 64MB AGP graphics. I also have a Winmodem, NIC and Sound onboard (all three).
    I also have NO SCSI devices.
    BTW when I boot I do not type anything, I just hit return (enter) at the BOOT: prompt, since I do not know what to write.
    Does anyone have any suggestions?

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    colorado springs, colorado
    Posts
    1,933
    Have a look at the cheat codes either in the Docs section, on the cd itself or even when you boot the cd. Try this:

    boot:knoppix noscsi

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    5
    Thanks, I just came back here to say that I can boot by typing expert and saying no to scsi support, but this method looks even better since I dont have to press yes and no to the various items thanks

Similar Threads

  1. knoppix will load, but after system starts, GUI wont load.
    By n()()dle in forum General Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-23-2004, 01:39 AM
  2. Can't load Knoppix
    By Igor in forum General Support
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 12-03-2004, 04:02 AM
  3. Good Grief!! Can't Load, Won't Load
    By Medicate in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-26-2004, 07:08 AM
  4. Knoppix won't load
    By bored in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-27-2004, 01:29 AM
  5. won't load knoppix
    By caven_a in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-02-2003, 08:18 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


HYNIX 64GB (1X64GB) 2RX4 PC4-3200AA DDR4 SERVER MEMORY picture

HYNIX 64GB (1X64GB) 2RX4 PC4-3200AA DDR4 SERVER MEMORY

$600.00



1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot picture

1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot

$202.50



32GB Kit 4x8GB Wintec DDR4-2133 ECC RDIMM VLP Server RAM picture

32GB Kit 4x8GB Wintec DDR4-2133 ECC RDIMM VLP Server RAM

$80.00



TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot picture

TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot

$471.39



MTA36ASF4G72PZ-2G9E2 MICRON 32GB (1X32GB) 2RX4 PC4-2933Y MEMORY picture

MTA36ASF4G72PZ-2G9E2 MICRON 32GB (1X32GB) 2RX4 PC4-2933Y MEMORY

$229.00



Lot 100 SK hynix 16GB 2Rx8 PC4-23400 DDR4-2933Y ECC Reg Server Memory RDIMM RAM picture

Lot 100 SK hynix 16GB 2Rx8 PC4-23400 DDR4-2933Y ECC Reg Server Memory RDIMM RAM

$8599.00



Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot picture

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot

$285.90



Nanya NT32GA72D4NFX3K-JR 32GB 2Rx4 PC4-3200AA K25 DDR4 RDIMM RAM Server Memory picture

Nanya NT32GA72D4NFX3K-JR 32GB 2Rx4 PC4-3200AA K25 DDR4 RDIMM RAM Server Memory

$199.99



SMART(Micron)SafeStor 32GB(1X32GB) 1RX4 NN4-3200AA(DDR4) HPE Server Memory picture

SMART(Micron)SafeStor 32GB(1X32GB) 1RX4 NN4-3200AA(DDR4) HPE Server Memory

$159.98



Dell 16GB PC4-21300 (DDR4-2666) Memory (SNPPWR5TC16G) picture

Dell 16GB PC4-21300 (DDR4-2666) Memory (SNPPWR5TC16G)

$89.99