Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: /file

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    14

    /file

    I am trying to install files into my /ramdisk, as I have Knoppix on a HD. When I go to that drive, the first thing I get in the path area is /file or file: , I can't remember which.
    Typing /ramdisk gets me file/ramdisk and I can't get anything installed as I don't have access (?) or permission (?).

    How can I either get rid of file or, get to /ramdisk?

    Thanks!

  2. #2
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    67
    If you have knoppix installed on your HD, why would you want to install programs into RAM? Just install them on your HD.

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    USA, IL
    Posts
    1,041

    Re: /file

    --What are you using, Konqueror? Why ramdisk?

    Quote Originally Posted by dmedici
    I am trying to install files into my /ramdisk, as I have Knoppix on a HD. When I go to that drive, the first thing I get in the path area is /file or file: , I can't remember which.
    Typing /ramdisk gets me file/ramdisk and I can't get anything installed as I don't have access (?) or permission (?).

    How can I either get rid of file or, get to /ramdisk?

    Thanks!

Similar Threads

  1. File recovery / File permissions help needed?
    By sepekte in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-11-2005, 11:48 PM
  2. Probelms with ISO file
    By ziocalepino in forum General Support
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 02-10-2005, 06:11 PM
  3. Just want a file off of the hd
    By iceman46 in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-23-2005, 07:10 PM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-05-2004, 07:25 PM
  5. iso file
    By merv in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-03-2003, 06:34 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


INTEL XEON E5-2680V4 SR2N7 2.40GHZ CPU picture

INTEL XEON E5-2680V4 SR2N7 2.40GHZ CPU

$11.00



Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram  2x 550W PSU No HDD picture

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD

$275.00



Dell Precision T7820 2x Xeon Silver 4114 2.20GHz 950W No RAM GPU HDD 4x SATA picture

Dell Precision T7820 2x Xeon Silver 4114 2.20GHz 950W No RAM GPU HDD 4x SATA

$350.48



Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS picture

Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS

$239.99



Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS picture

Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS

$179.98



Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS picture

Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS

$84.49



Lenovo ThinkStation P520c Intel Xeon W-2133 6-Core 3.60GHz -NO RAM/ HDD/ GPU/ OS picture

Lenovo ThinkStation P520c Intel Xeon W-2133 6-Core 3.60GHz -NO RAM/ HDD/ GPU/ OS

$127.54



Intel Xeon E5-2690 v4 SR2N2 14 Core 2.6GHz 35MB LGA2011-3 CPU *km picture

Intel Xeon E5-2690 v4 SR2N2 14 Core 2.6GHz 35MB LGA2011-3 CPU *km

$15.99



Intel Xeon Phi 5110P 60-Core 1.053GHz Coprocessor   picture

Intel Xeon Phi 5110P 60-Core 1.053GHz Coprocessor

$50.00



Lenovo P520 Xeon W‑2223 16GB DDR4 256GB NVMe Win11 Pro 900W PSU Grade D picture

Lenovo P520 Xeon W‑2223 16GB DDR4 256GB NVMe Win11 Pro 900W PSU Grade D

$371.84