-
Harry, thanks very much for the reply. I tried your suggestions with mixed results.
Booting in expert mode and with the NOAPIC option didn't seem to make a difference.
When I used sudo mii-tool -r the first time, I got
eth0: no link
eth1: no autonegotiation, 10baseT-HD, link OK
So I plugged my DSL modem into eth1 and I was able to connect after running netcardconfig.
However, after I rebooted and did sudo mii-tool -r, I got the following output:
SIOCGMIIPHY on 'eth0' failed: Invalid argument
restarting autonegotiation...
Haven't been able to connect on knoppix since.
Both network cards show up during the startup chatter.
To answer your last question, I haven't installed any Microsoft updates, patches or software recently. The only updates that would have happened on the windows side would be the virus database (using AVG antivirus).
I still haven't tried removing the soundcard, but if nobody has any more suggestions I'll try that next.
Similar Threads
-
By myheadhurts in forum Laptops
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-10-2005, 08:43 PM
-
By Leander in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 5
Last Post: 01-23-2005, 02:50 PM
-
By rbivins in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 10
Last Post: 11-10-2004, 07:43 PM
-
By o0oO in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-01-2004, 11:20 AM
-
By rec9140 in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 11-12-2003, 06:59 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage 2006 Juicy Couture House of Juicy Velour Laptop Sleeve Y2K NWT Rare
$199.99

Vintage Computer - PC Innovation Intel 486DX2 - Dos Ver 6.2 Windows 3.1
$250.00

Vintage Jetway J-620BF Socket 370 Celeron AT Motherboard SiS 620 Brand New
$75.00

🔥 RARE VINTAGE HP 2112A 21MX M-SERIES 16-BIT MINICOMPUTER HP
$299.99

Vintage PB-64 64K RAM Printer Buffer Parallel Computer Printer Interface
$74.99

Huge Lot of Vintage Computer Brochures, Catalogs, etc. - 1980's - SEE PICS
$100.00

Vintage Laptop HP Hewlett Packard Pavilion N3110 Celeron 433 MHz *Please Read*
$50.99

Vintage Apple USB Puck Mouse Model M4848 Grape Purple Tested
$49.99

Vintage Hewlett Packard HP 13181-60074 Circuit Card Assembly / Interface Board.
$135.37

Vintage Teac FD-505 5.25" 3.5" Combo Drive 19307571-00
$199.99