-
Harry, thanks very much for the reply. I tried your suggestions with mixed results.
Booting in expert mode and with the NOAPIC option didn't seem to make a difference.
When I used sudo mii-tool -r the first time, I got
eth0: no link
eth1: no autonegotiation, 10baseT-HD, link OK
So I plugged my DSL modem into eth1 and I was able to connect after running netcardconfig.
However, after I rebooted and did sudo mii-tool -r, I got the following output:
SIOCGMIIPHY on 'eth0' failed: Invalid argument
restarting autonegotiation...
Haven't been able to connect on knoppix since.
Both network cards show up during the startup chatter.
To answer your last question, I haven't installed any Microsoft updates, patches or software recently. The only updates that would have happened on the windows side would be the virus database (using AVG antivirus).
I still haven't tried removing the soundcard, but if nobody has any more suggestions I'll try that next.
Similar Threads
-
By myheadhurts in forum Laptops
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-10-2005, 08:43 PM
-
By Leander in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 5
Last Post: 01-23-2005, 02:50 PM
-
By rbivins in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 10
Last Post: 11-10-2004, 07:43 PM
-
By o0oO in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-01-2004, 11:20 AM
-
By rec9140 in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 11-12-2003, 06:59 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray
$174.99

HP Z420 Pro Workstation PC Xeon E5-2660 8-Core 64GB RAM Quadro K5000 128GB SSD
$249.00

DELL Optiplex 780 SFF CORE2DUO 3.0GHz 8GB RAM 250GB HDDDVDRW NO OS
$99.99

Dell Optiplex 7050 Micro Core i5-7500 8 GB RAM 256GB SSD Microsoft Windows 11
$89.99

Intel Xeon E5 - 2667V2 / SR19W 3.30GHz 25MB 8-Core CPU Socket LGA2011
$30.00

HP EliteBook 850 G6 15.6" Core i5-8265U 1.60GHz 8GB RAM AMD Lexa GPU PWR Adapter
$120.00

AMD Ryzen 7 9700X 8-Core 16-Thread 40MB Cache Socket AM5 9000 Series Processor
$245.99

AMD Ryzen Threadripper PRO 3945WX 12-Core 4.0GHz sWRX8 CPU NEW Tray Unlocked
$79.99

HP ZBook Firefly 14" G8 Mobile Workstation i5 11th Gen 16GB RAM 256 GB SSD No AC
$166.49

DELL OPTIPLEX 3280 21.5" AIO Core i5 10500T 8GB 256GB NVMe Windows 11 -NO STAND
$179.99