Permissions problem on the new fonts. Change the permissions. so everybody and use them. Also where the fonts installed as root?
Hi all,
can somebody help me with this problem, please:
I installed knoppix on my laptop harddisk, which
was quite easy, thanks alot for that to the guys who made the knoppix CD!
I have Windows2000 installed on the same disk, so
I installed windows2000 fonts into OpenOffice using spadmin,
following the instructions from http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtop...highlight=font.
But now I don't see any text labels in the OpenOffice applications anymore.
It seems that the X server does not find the font?!
I called spadmin as root, and strange is, that as user 'root' the OpenOffice
apps work fine (text is visible), but as user 'knoppix' not.
Any help is appreciated
Permissions problem on the new fonts. Change the permissions. so everybody and use them. Also where the fonts installed as root?
Yes, that was it! Owner and permissions were wrong. I changed them and it worked!
Thank you!![]()

Ubuntu Server 26.04.1 LTS Bootable USB Flash Drive – Latest September 2026
$12.99
Sun Enterprise e450 400mhz cpu(x4), 4gb ram, 9gb HD w/spud most complete on ebay
$500.00
OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$115.00
OPNsense Firewall VPN QAT 8-Core Atom C3758 2.20GHz 16GB DDR4 128GB SSD 8xNIC
$175.00
1U Rackmount PC Intel Core i5-2520M 8GB RAM 500GB HDD Ubuntu Linux Server
$109.99
Microsoft SQL Server 2019 Enterprise 40 Core Unlimited CAL Retail License FPP
$299.00
All New Ubuntu 26.04 LTS Linux Bootable USB Flash Drive
$15.95
Linux 5.2 The Complete Redhat Operating System Deluxe Secure Server 3 CD Book
$37.49
SQL Server 2022 Enterprise 96 Core License & DVD Unlimited CALs with CoA
$284.99
🏆BEST VPN IPVANISH🌐Premium 2027 ✅ Active Subsсriрtiоn⚠️Digital Fast Delivery🔥
$12.99