Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: How do I add a boot option to start 1 app (no windowmanager)

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    7

    How do I add a boot option to start 1 app (no windowmanager)

    Total newbie, trying to add a boot option to just start 1 application. I don't need a window manager. Additionally, it would be nice if this were the default.

    How do I do this, or where do I look? It appears that I need to modify the boot.img file, by copying it, mounting it, and editing it, but the miniroot file is not a text file, and I'm not sure where else to do this. It will require a remaster, since I have to add the app, but I'm trying to keep it simple otherwise.

    Thanks.

  2. #2
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Vancouver BC
    Posts
    92
    You may want to stick a knoppix.sh in $master/KNOPPIX/. This will execute on every bootup.

    - Ambrose

Similar Threads

  1. boot option for static ip and please add a recursing
    By cheaperthantuesday in forum Ideas
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-23-2005, 08:27 PM
  2. Install in external HD, but with cd boot option
    By daneel101 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-28-2004, 08:20 PM
  3. installed kanotix to hdb, lost boot option to boot knoppix
    By helios17 in forum General Support
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 11-27-2004, 06:27 AM
  4. BIOS has no cd-rom option on boot menu
    By Castershell in forum Laptops
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-29-2004, 07:49 PM
  5. knoppix testcd boot option
    By A. Jorge Garcia in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-26-2003, 01:27 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


2-Bay/4-Bay Hard Drive Enclosure for 3.5

2-Bay/4-Bay Hard Drive Enclosure for 3.5"/2.5'' SATA HDD/SSD 10Gbps USB-C 3.2

$75.99



Broadcom 9600-24i Tri-Mode RAID Controller 4.0 NVMe SAS SATA NEW 05-50111-01003 picture

Broadcom 9600-24i Tri-Mode RAID Controller 4.0 NVMe SAS SATA NEW 05-50111-01003

$639.69



OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2  for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs picture

OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs

$87.99



Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD picture

Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD

$265.00



WAVLINK RAID 2 Bay Hard Drive Docking Station SATA 2.5/3.5'' SSD HDD Enclosure picture

WAVLINK RAID 2 Bay Hard Drive Docking Station SATA 2.5/3.5'' SSD HDD Enclosure

$119.99



Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV picture

Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV

$18.95



Acasis USB 3.2 2 Bay HDD RAID Enclosure for 2.5/3.5

Acasis USB 3.2 2 Bay HDD RAID Enclosure for 2.5/3.5" SATA Drives External Array

$55.00



Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller picture

Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller

$64.99



CalDigit VR minin 2 Portable Raid Storage On The Go picture

CalDigit VR minin 2 Portable Raid Storage On The Go

$75.00



Adaptec ASR-71605 16-Port 1Gbps PCIe RAID Card High Profile picture

Adaptec ASR-71605 16-Port 1Gbps PCIe RAID Card High Profile

$18.49