Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Wireless network audit tools in Knoppix 3.3

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    2

    Wireless network audit tools in Knoppix 3.3

    Folks,

    I was wondering if we could dedicate a conversation thread entirely to the use of wireless network audit tools available off the Knoppix distribution.

    I've read through most of the tips and pointers for getting Cisco Aironet cards into Monitor mode on this newsgroup, but they don't seem to have helped. I'm trying to start using Kismet and AirSnort with a Cisco Aironet 350 (PCMCIA). My other card is a Dell TrueMobile 1150 (PCMCIA), which most say is a rebadged Orinoco.

    I've been unable to get either cards to work, and thereby unable to get Kismet and/or AirSnort to work.

    Instead of me posting up the many and varied error messages I've been getting through the several unsuccessful attempts I've made, I was wondering if y'all could help me with a sorta tutorial that I could follow. If I run into any trouble, I'll post up the error message(s) and perhaps things would be easier that way.

    All your input would be most welcome and much appreciated.


    Warm regards,
    Sujeet

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    2
    Did you by chance get your Cisco 350 card to work with kismet? If so, how did you accomplish this? I am also having difficulties.

    Thanks

    B

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    7
    Sujeet? I was wondering did you ever get that card working in knoppix. I just brought the same card last week and it works under windows but not knoppix.

  4. #4
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    17

    Re: Wireless network audit tools in Knoppix 3.3

    Quote Originally Posted by Sujeet
    Folks,

    I was wondering if we could dedicate a conversation thread entirely to the use of wireless network audit tools available off the Knoppix distribution.

    I've read through most of the tips and pointers for getting Cisco Aironet cards into Monitor mode on this newsgroup, but they don't seem to have helped. I'm trying to start using Kismet and AirSnort with a Cisco Aironet 350 (PCMCIA). My other card is a Dell TrueMobile 1150 (PCMCIA), which most say is a rebadged Orinoco.

    I've been unable to get either cards to work, and thereby unable to get Kismet and/or AirSnort to work.

    Instead of me posting up the many and varied error messages I've been getting through the several unsuccessful attempts I've made, I was wondering if y'all could help me with a sorta tutorial that I could follow. If I run into any trouble, I'll post up the error message(s) and perhaps things would be easier that way.

    All your input would be most welcome and much appreciated.


    Warm regards,
    Sujeet
    I just had someone try a D-Link Air Pro DWL-AB650 on a Panasonic Toughbook for me and Knoppix does not even see it at startup. Are there drivers for this card that need to be added to the CD to get it to work?

Similar Threads

  1. How to configure my wireless network?
    By ebidder in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-05-2005, 12:42 AM
  2. Wireless network diagram
    By GaTk in forum Networking
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-03-2004, 05:40 AM
  3. Wireless network probs
    By JJ in forum Networking
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-10-2004, 10:56 AM
  4. Knoppix v3.3 - What Wireless tools does it have?
    By robson8112 in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-05-2004, 10:34 PM
  5. installing network tools
    By pankajgadhari in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-20-2003, 11:42 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7

Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7" Color SIP-T48S | TESTED

$34.95



SIM Bank 32 SIM Card Slots Ethernet SIM Server for GoIP picture

SIM Bank 32 SIM Card Slots Ethernet SIM Server for GoIP

$400.00



Poly CCX 400 Desktop Business Media Phone VoIP 2200-49700-019 picture

Poly CCX 400 Desktop Business Media Phone VoIP 2200-49700-019

$49.99



Grandstream VoIP Phone Adapter ATA 1-Line Black Ethernet (RJ-45) Micro USB picture

Grandstream VoIP Phone Adapter ATA 1-Line Black Ethernet (RJ-45) Micro USB

$27.07



Yealink SIP-T33G IP Phone 4-LineSpeakerphone VoIP Desk Phone Black w/ Power Sply picture

Yealink SIP-T33G IP Phone 4-LineSpeakerphone VoIP Desk Phone Black w/ Power Sply

$25.00



Grandstream HT701 1-Port FXS Analog Telephone Adapter ATA VoIP Gateway -Free S/H picture

Grandstream HT701 1-Port FXS Analog Telephone Adapter ATA VoIP Gateway -Free S/H

$19.99



Grandstream WP810 Portable Cordless Wi-Fi IP Phone picture

Grandstream WP810 Portable Cordless Wi-Fi IP Phone

$49.28



LOT OF 10 NEW Yealink SIP-T33G IP Phone 4-Line PoE Speakerphone VoIP Desk Phone picture

LOT OF 10 NEW Yealink SIP-T33G IP Phone 4-Line PoE Speakerphone VoIP Desk Phone

$699.99



Lot Of 5 Poly Edge E550 82M91AA IP Desktop Phone PoE New In Box picture

Lot Of 5 Poly Edge E550 82M91AA IP Desktop Phone PoE New In Box

$1500.00



Sangoma S705 VoIP Phone POE (AC adapter sold separately) picture

Sangoma S705 VoIP Phone POE (AC adapter sold separately)

$198.82