-
Windows look for Knoppix
Hello, I just wanted to say thank-you for creating this disk.
I am a widows guru and have some certs and an NA diploma on widows based PCs. I have been wanting to switch some of my focus to Linux. In starting this I was very afraid to get into it because of the scary file/format/partition difference, not to mention that I can't navigate through the GUI as well as I can through a Windows box. I had tried to install Linux a few months ago, without success (mostly because I tried to figure out the partition/mnt thing). Then I tried Knoppix! It was great worked and configured everything all on its own! I got to mess around with the games and the environment, then shuddered and logged out! Thanks to Knoppix I tried to do another install and have done more since successfully.
The environment is totally different than what I am used to. Now, I have said all that to say this, Have you thought about including XPde into your disk? I think if you did, you and XPde will be responsible for making the Linux world grow more than anything else that has ever happened. You made the environment possible in a simple boot, they would ease the transition from windows to Linux. I have a Fedora Test 3 working (roughly) with XPde and I almost feel at home (ON LINUX!!!). It is things like this that ease the fear of the unknown and allow people the freedom to take it slow. This is a request from someone that knows the fear first hand.
I am the only geek in my area (town of four thousand) and I have no other way of working through Linux, I have never been exposed to it and have more confidence now than I did before I met you!
Similar Threads
-
By nteixeira in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 01-03-2005, 08:57 PM
-
By elbarto in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 6
Last Post: 11-29-2004, 05:32 PM
-
By fabiand in forum General Support
Replies: 17
Last Post: 06-11-2004, 11:20 AM
-
By kev in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-27-2004, 09:11 PM
-
By legal in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-15-2004, 04:33 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage Computer Keyboard Northgate OMNIKEY Ultra
$120.00

🔥 RARE VINTAGE HP 2112A 21MX M-SERIES 16-BIT MINICOMPUTER HP
$299.99

🔥 RARE VINTAGE HP 2113A 21MX 1000 E-SERIES MINICOMPUTER CHASSIS BACKPLANE
$249.00

Lot of 2 Vintage Plextor PX-43CS SCSI CD-ROM Caddy Drives + 4 Caddies Used
$55.99

Epson Card 486D4 Single Board Computer Card PCMCIA Vintage Industrial
$906.39

Osborne Vintage Computer CP/M User Guide Thom Hogan & Software User Manuals Lot
$45.00

Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot
$316.95

Vintage Intel Pentium Pro CPU Lot 3 Gold Ceramic Processors + 2 RAM Untested
$249.99

HP 5060-8359 8K Semiconductor Memory Module 5080-9747 Vintage HP Computer
$224.72

Vintage Hewlett Packard HP 13181-60074 Circuit Card Assembly / Interface Board.
$135.37