Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Changing the SSH banner

  1. #1
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    67

    Changing the SSH banner

    When I login remotely via SSH, I see:

    Welcome to Knoppix (Kernel 2.4.22-xfs)

    I'd like to change the "Knoppix" to say, Antartica or something or my choice. I don't see Knoppix listed as the machine name in the ssh_config, and it's not my hostname either...how do I change this?

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    USA, IL
    Posts
    1,041

    Re: Changing the SSH banner

    --Edit /etc/motd (message of the day). Mine still sez 2-4-20xfs.

    Quote Originally Posted by lavaman094
    When I login remotely via SSH, I see:

    Welcome to Knoppix (Kernel 2.4.22-xfs)

    I'd like to change the "Knoppix" to say, Antartica or something or my choice. I don't see Knoppix listed as the machine name in the ssh_config, and it's not my hostname either...how do I change this?

  3. #3
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    67

    Re: Changing the SSH banner

    Thanks!

Similar Threads

  1. Changing the penguin...
    By chris-harry in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-28-2005, 10:26 AM
  2. Changing Themes
    By Placebo in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-10-2005, 07:04 AM
  3. Changing KDE pictures
    By n3150nao in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-17-2003, 11:40 PM
  4. Changing IRQ
    By cjaferre in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-25-2003, 02:54 AM
  5. RFP: Docs "banner" on frontpage/page-header?
    By Henk Poley in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-30-2003, 06:53 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


RAM-HOL-SAM60CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock for Samsung Tab Active5 - 3 - 2 picture

RAM-HOL-SAM60CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock for Samsung Tab Active5 - 3 - 2

$81.99



Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666 PC4-21300 288-Pin DIMM RAM M393A4K40CB1CRC0Q picture

Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666 PC4-21300 288-Pin DIMM RAM M393A4K40CB1CRC0Q

$185.00



Samsung 2.5

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot

$90.00



Samsung - 990 PRO 1TB Internal SSD PCle 4.0 NVMe M.2 picture

Samsung - 990 PRO 1TB Internal SSD PCle 4.0 NVMe M.2

$200.00



RAM-GDS-SKIN-SAM54-NG-1 RAM Mounts IntelliSkin® Next Gen for Samsung Tab Active4 picture

RAM-GDS-SKIN-SAM54-NG-1 RAM Mounts IntelliSkin® Next Gen for Samsung Tab Active4

$93.99



RAM-HOL-SAM52CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock Samsung Tab Active4 Pro & Tab Active Pro picture

RAM-HOL-SAM52CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock Samsung Tab Active4 Pro & Tab Active Pro

$81.99



Cell Phone Smartphone Computer repair banner poster sign iphone Samsung  picture

Cell Phone Smartphone Computer repair banner poster sign iphone Samsung

$89.99



Samsung Galaxy Tab SCH-1800 7

Samsung Galaxy Tab SCH-1800 7" 4GB Wi-Fi + Verizon Tablet Working

$30.00



Samsung Galaxy View Tablet 18.4 SM-T670/677A Charging Port 100% Original Oem picture

Samsung Galaxy View Tablet 18.4 SM-T670/677A Charging Port 100% Original Oem

$98.99



Samsung Galaxy Tab A9+ Plus 11” 128GB Android Tablet Graphite BRAND NEW SEALED. picture

Samsung Galaxy Tab A9+ Plus 11” 128GB Android Tablet Graphite BRAND NEW SEALED.

$214.99