You can also try passing "apm=off" or apm=real-mode-poweroff to the kernel during startup. apm=real-mode-poweroff is better because it keeps other apm-features (advanced power managment).
Yesterday I thought I had crashed two computers after using knopixx. One was a Dell Dimension, the other a Dell Optiplex.
On rebooting after using knoppix exactly nothing happened! Quite scary, as none of the computers were mine.
Turns out that the problem was easy to fix, just to pull out the power cable for a few seconds, so everything is fine now.
But I REALLY REALLY REALLY think this problem should be in the FAQ/Documentation! (with large print..)
Dell is a very common brand, and this problem might actually give knoppix a bad reputation.
Other than that, knoppix rocks!!![]()
You can also try passing "apm=off" or apm=real-mode-poweroff to the kernel during startup. apm=real-mode-poweroff is better because it keeps other apm-features (advanced power managment).
Wow, I keep reading about this problem. I've been using KNOPPIX with Dell exclusively for over a year now on serveral PCs (new and old, dimension and optiplex) without a hitch! Lucky I guess....
Regards,

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90
TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot
$288.19
MICRON MTA36ASF4G72PZ-2G6D1 32GB PC4-21300R DDR4-2666V RDIMM 2RX4 MEMORY DIMM
$139.99
1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot
$202.50
USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09
Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666V-2Rx4-RB2-12 RAM M393A4K40CB2-CTD6Q
$169.00
USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot
$3.75
MTC8C1084S1SC56BD1 Micron 16GB DDR5 1Rx8 PC5-5600B 5600Mhz SO-DIMM Memory
$149.99
Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus USB for 1PC Windows 10 & 11
$62.55
Memory Card Reader Mini 26-IN-1 USB 2.0 High Speed For CF xD SD MS SDHC
$4.95