Wow, I noticed that the FAQ was in a wiki! So I added the question to the "using KNOPPIX"-faq. Will this automatically be in the faq in the next release of knoppix?
Yesterday I thought I had crashed two computers after using knopix. One was a Dell Dimension, the other a Dell Optiplex.
On rebooting after using knoppix exactly nothing happened! The computers seemed to be very dead. More dead than I've ever seen before, actually.
Quite scary, as none of the computers were mine.
Turns out that the problem was easy to fix, I just had to pull out the power cable for a few seconds, so everything is fine now.
But I REALLY REALLY REALLY think this problem should be in the FAQ/Documentation! (with large print..)
Dell is a very common brand, and this problem might actually give knoppix a bad reputation.
Other than that, knoppix rocks!!
Wow, I noticed that the FAQ was in a wiki! So I added the question to the "using KNOPPIX"-faq. Will this automatically be in the faq in the next release of knoppix?
I have expressed the same opinion a couple of times the warning should be on the boot screen and Dell should fix their buggy BIOS's as well so people would not have these problems.Originally Posted by dabrepus
Well okay, maybe you can (both) help and find out how to detect the dell BIOS under linux. Klaus Knopper can add a warning screen.
Good idea?

WiFi Only Samsung Galaxy A9 Plus 11.0" 64GB Navy SM-X210
$124.99
Samsung 990 EVO PRO 1TB M.2 2280 Internal SSD
$180.00
SAMSUNG GALAXY BOOK 10.6" ( 1920 X 1280 ) TOUCHSCREEN M3-7Y30 4GB - SILVER
$301.26
Samsung Dual-Rank DDR4 2933MHz 64GB RAM
$379.99
Samsung 860 PRO 2TB 2.5" SATA III V- NAND SSD MZ-76P2T0 86%-90% Health
$187.00
RAM-GDS-SKIN-SAM88-NG-1 RAM IntelliSkin® Next Gen for Samsung Tab A11+
$119.49
RAM-HOL-SAM52CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock Samsung Tab Active4 Pro & Tab Active Pro
$81.99
RAM-HOL-SAM60CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock for Samsung Tab Active5 - 3 - 2
$81.99
Samsung Galaxy Tab S10 Lite 10.9" 128GB Silver Wi-Fi SM-X400NZSAXAR
$206.00
Samsung Galaxy Tab Active 3/ 64 gig/WIFI
$85.00