Wow, I noticed that the FAQ was in a wiki! So I added the question to the "using KNOPPIX"-faq. Will this automatically be in the faq in the next release of knoppix?
Yesterday I thought I had crashed two computers after using knopix. One was a Dell Dimension, the other a Dell Optiplex.
On rebooting after using knoppix exactly nothing happened! The computers seemed to be very dead. More dead than I've ever seen before, actually.
Quite scary, as none of the computers were mine.
Turns out that the problem was easy to fix, I just had to pull out the power cable for a few seconds, so everything is fine now.
But I REALLY REALLY REALLY think this problem should be in the FAQ/Documentation! (with large print..)
Dell is a very common brand, and this problem might actually give knoppix a bad reputation.
Other than that, knoppix rocks!!
Wow, I noticed that the FAQ was in a wiki! So I added the question to the "using KNOPPIX"-faq. Will this automatically be in the faq in the next release of knoppix?
I have expressed the same opinion a couple of times the warning should be on the boot screen and Dell should fix their buggy BIOS's as well so people would not have these problems.Originally Posted by dabrepus
Well okay, maybe you can (both) help and find out how to detect the dell BIOS under linux. Klaus Knopper can add a warning screen.
Good idea?

Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kit NEW
$13.89
KARDV Cordless Vacuum Cleaner, 500W/40Kpa Vacuum Cleaners for Home, 60Mins St...
$64.99
LEVOIT Cordless Vacuum Cleaner, Stick Vac with Tangle-Resistant Design, Up to...
$167.63
2-in-1 Compressed Air Duster & Vacuum, Brushless Motor, 320000RPM
$37.99
Cordless 2-in-1 Air Duster & Mini Vacuum 13,000 RPM 150W 7.4V 3000mAh Orange
$50.71
Powerffy Cordless Vacuum Cleaner N10 400W/30Kpa Power Nozzle Head Assembly.
$39.99
Car Vacuum Portable Cordless, 50000Pa High Power Brushless Motor, Rechargeable H
$104.98
Cordless Electric Mini Air Duster Blower Vacuum Cleaner for PC Computer Car Home
$16.99
Cordless Handheld Vacuum Cleaner Compatible with DeWalt 20V Battery
$80.66
Cordless Air Duster & Vacuum Cleaner for Keyboard & PC Cleaning - 110000RPM Powe
$53.99