Ok. In Knoppix the keyboard is determined by a script.
/etc/init.d/keymap.sh
as root, edit the line:
loadkeys /usr/share/keymaps/i386/qwerty/us.kmap.gz (or whatever)
to reflect the keyboard you want
and run
/etc/init.d/keymap.sh reload
Hello,
I've installed Knoppix on my laptop, changed some things with the help of a good friend, but still, I have a problem with the keyboard when using XFree (console tty are fine).
It's a Belgian one, here is a picture: http://sunsolve.sun.com/handbook_pub...n_keyboard.gif
(my laptop doesn't have a numeric pad of course).
The problem is that to get a backslash ("\" character), I should type AltGr + "<" (which is the key on the right of the left Shift key, see the picture). When I do that, I get a pipe symbol ("|").
Backslash is available with AltGr + ")" (which is the key on the right of the "0" key).
Other special characters (like @, é, à, |, etc.) are fine.
I haven't noticed this problem with Debian which I am used to.
For reference, here is the keyboard section of the XF96Config-4 file:
Section "InputDevice"
Identifier "Keyboard0"
Driver "keyboard"
Option "CoreKeyboard"
Option "XkbRules" "xfree86"
Option "XkbModel" "pc105"
Option "XkbLayout" "be"
EndSection
Thanks in advance.
Ok. In Knoppix the keyboard is determined by a script.
/etc/init.d/keymap.sh
as root, edit the line:
loadkeys /usr/share/keymaps/i386/qwerty/us.kmap.gz (or whatever)
to reflect the keyboard you want
and run
/etc/init.d/keymap.sh reload
Yep, problem known, solution too:
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.linux...n.knoppix/2063
Are you using a recent Knoppix version? I posted this on the mailing
list a good while ago, but I don't think anybody cared or took notice.
That's about my only complaint: the perpetual β status of knoppix.

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$378.93
Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00
Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99
Dell PowerEdge R240 Intel Xeon E-2224 3.50GHz 8GB DDR4 ECC NO HDD 250W
$285.97
Dell Poweredge R810 4x Xeon X7560 2.26ghz 32-Cores | 256GB | 3x Trays | H700
$289.99
Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD
$149.99
Dell PowerEdge R730 8 Bay Server 64Gb 1x80Gb SSD 3x900Gb SAS 2x12c v4CPU Proxmox
$620.00
Dell PowerEdge R640 10SFF 2x Gold 6140 2.3GHz 36-Cores 64gb H730p 2x Trays
$599.99
Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD
$99.99
Dell PowerEdge FC430 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2630v4 20 Cores FX2 FX2s No RAM/HDD
$119.99