I think you can reed the knoppix-installer script. but afaik, it just coppies the system as it runs partly in memory and as it is on cd, at the moment you run it. so that whould be the new filezzzzz....
If i make a remaster that has some modified config files, when I do a hdd install with knoppix-installer will the config files that I have in my remaster be the ones installed, or will new ones be writted.
In other words, what EXACTLY does knoppix-installer do? And how can it be changed?
I think you can reed the knoppix-installer script. but afaik, it just coppies the system as it runs partly in memory and as it is on cd, at the moment you run it. so that whould be the new filezzzzz....
I believe the config files that get installed on the HD come from the knx-templates-0.39.tgz file if your modifications are included in the proper files there they should be installed when the system is.Originally Posted by rneff
When I do a remaster after chrooting into the uncompressed KNOPPIX file I get X windows started. It's alot easier to configure things from X. Anything you do while chrooted will in fact be carried over into the new KNOPPIX file that you compress. In fact- you will need to make sure you clean up before you leave.![]()

INTEL XEON E5-2680V4 SR2N7 2.40GHZ CPU
$11.00
Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS
$239.99
Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00
Dell Precision T7820 2x Xeon Silver 4114 2.20GHz 950W No RAM GPU HDD 4x SATA
$350.48
Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS
$179.98
Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS
$84.49
Intel Xeon E5-2690 v4 SR2N2 14 Core 2.6GHz 35MB LGA2011-3 CPU *km
$15.99
Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 SR153 3.3GHz Quad Core LGA 1150 CPU Processor
$14.49
Lenovo ThinkStation P520c Intel Xeon W-2133 6-Core 3.60GHz -NO RAM/ HDD/ GPU/ OS
$127.54
Intel Xeon Phi 5110P 60-Core 1.053GHz Coprocessor
$50.00