-
Writing to a (ext3) hard disk from cd boot
Hi folks,
I'm having a problem writing to my hard disk after booting up from a 3.3 CD. The disk is mounted fine and I can read it, and have set the properties so that it is not read only by right clicking it on the desktop. However, if I try to write to it, I get a read-only error.
Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?
Thanks in advance,
Conor
Similar Threads
-
By schreibebrett in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-24-2005, 05:11 PM
-
By vegetto in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-14-2005, 12:40 AM
-
By Mr_White in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-25-2005, 01:26 AM
-
By francy222 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-20-2005, 06:48 PM
-
By Tim_Neobard in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-10-2004, 03:47 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

HP PROLIANT TPS-W003 MICRO- SERVER TOWER Gen 8, 16G RAM
$195.00

Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99

Supermicro 1U Network Server Appliance 16GB RAM 800GB SSD 6 LAN Ports Powers On
$450.00

Supermicro 505-2 Server
$280.00

HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 G1610T @2.3 GHz, 16GB, 712317-001 NO HDD/OS
$199.00

Supermicro 1027GR-TSF 1U Rackmount Server 2x Xeon 2.3GHz 128GB DDR3
$219.99

Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram 240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ*
$369.99

HP Proliant MicroServer Gen8, 4.5TB, (4) HDD, EXCELLENT COND.
$625.00

Supermicro CSE-216 No CPU No Ram No HDD Tested & Reset
$149.99

Nasuni NF-50 Supermicro Server, Atom CPU C2558, @ 2.40GHz, 8GB RAM-No HDD/OS/AC
$187.50