Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: freezes when trying to write boot floppy

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    2

    freezes when trying to write boot floppy

    I am attempting to install Knoppix 3.3 on an older celeron computer. Everything goes fine until it comes to the point of asking if I want a boot floppy. It will not let me say "no" I do not have a floppy drive in this computer. Funny thing is that when I installed knoppix on this computer, which has a floppy drive, it never asked me if I wanted to make a boot floppy. any ideas???

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    colorado springs, colorado
    Posts
    1,933
    Well that certainly is odd. Which installer are you using? There are two-

    knx-hdinstall

    and the newer

    knoppix-installer

    If it insists on making a floppy is it possible to connect a floppy drive at least for the installation?

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    2
    I am using knoppix-installer and I could put a floppy in it if I needed too I guess, lOL just remove the one from here. I don't even use it anymore

Similar Threads

  1. Freezes in Boot
    By System in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 04-11-2005, 04:04 PM
  2. I can't write to my floppy KNX 3.4
    By KPFOX1 in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-14-2004, 04:51 PM
  3. Using Knoppix to write a config floppy for Woody (stable)
    By hthb in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-29-2004, 09:52 PM
  4. Newbie question: can't write to my floppy
    By kimo in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-15-2003, 03:18 PM
  5. boot freezes, floppy boot o.k.?
    By Prieni in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-05-2003, 02:52 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit picture

KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit

$19.99



Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP,  (6 CDS) picture

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)

$10.00



Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive picture

Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive

$5.99



KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED picture

KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED

$11.99



Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick

$20.85



VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION) picture

VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)

$7.57



Knoppix NSM 1.2 picture

Knoppix NSM 1.2

$8.00



Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick

$21.42



Hamshack Live DVD-ROM picture

Hamshack Live DVD-ROM

$7.00



Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006 picture

Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006

$33.72