-
Booting from PCMCIA Flash Card
I have an IBM Thinkpad A31 with two hard drives. The Primary hard drive has Windows 2000 on it (work requirements) and the secondary hard drive (in one of the Ultra Slim bay) has Knoppix 3.3 installed on it. In the other Ultra Slim bay I can only have either a CD drive or a floppy drive. This Thinkpad does not support hot swap therefore if I use the floppy drive to boot from secondary hard drive (only which has lilo installed on it) I cannot use the CDRW drive. I would prefer to keep CDRW for obvious reasons. I do not want to install lilo on the primary hard drive either.
However, I do have a couple of PCMCIA flash cards with various capacities that I can use for booting.
Is there a way that I can transfer the boot files from Knoppix on the PCMCIA card and use that as my boot device as I would have used a floppy drive alternatively?
Similar Threads
-
By fitzov in forum Laptops
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-23-2005, 03:44 AM
-
By drews in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 3
Last Post: 08-30-2004, 05:20 PM
-
By knewbex in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-09-2004, 02:00 AM
-
By amirante in forum General Support
Replies: 6
Last Post: 05-14-2003, 04:11 PM
-
By mordor in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-21-2003, 09:19 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working
$99.99

Atari 130 XE/Atari 1050 Bundle W/ Cords And Extras (Powered On)
$300.00

DEFECTIVE Atari 810 Vintage Computer Disk Drive powers on Unit Only Boo G3D
$49.29

UNOCART-2600 SD card Multi Rom Cartridge for ATARI 2600 with CASE
$34.25

SDrive Max Floppy Drive Emulator Atari 8-Bit 400/800/XL/XE Firmware 1.5 USB C R2
$70.00

ATARI Mouse with Adapter for ST, STE, Mega STE, TT Optical - USA Seller
$29.99

INFO/soft Character Generator Manual for Atari 3000/5000/7000 NTSC
$40.00

Gotek USB Floppy Emulator v3.44 OLED (no speaker) Amiga Atari IBM Roland AKAI
$44.00

Atari 800 8-bit Computer System Fully Tested Great Condition 48k READ
$350.00

Vintage Atari SF354 Floppy Disk Drive & Power Supply FOR PARTS OR REPAIR AS IS
$120.00