-
Newbie question about HD install - Don't laugh
I've been using Knoppix for some time now and I absolutely love it. Now I plan to install it onto my HD. I'll tell you my plan and you tell me if it's good.
Here is my plan:
I have an unpartitioned NTFS HD running windows xp. I plan to make a 1-2GB FAT32 partition (Using partition manager?) and install knoppix on that partition.
Now, here's the thing,
how do I proceed after I made the partition?
And how do I make a dual boot between xp and knoppix?
Also, I will be able to write to the FAT32 partition with Knoppix correct?
Is this a bad plan?
You don't have to answer all the questions.
Thanks,
Similar Threads
-
By prodmaster in forum General Support
Replies: 9
Last Post: 05-16-2004, 09:02 PM
-
By elicheez in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 05-10-2004, 06:40 PM
-
By Enmity in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 6
Last Post: 11-07-2003, 10:37 AM
-
By Drago in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-21-2003, 10:10 PM
-
By andrei in forum The Lounge
Replies: 2
Last Post: 09-07-2003, 03:46 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit
$19.99

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)
$10.00

Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive
$5.99

KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED
$11.99

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick
$20.85

VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)
$7.57

Knoppix NSM 1.2
$8.00

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick
$21.42

Hamshack Live DVD-ROM
$7.00

Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006
$33.72