-
trouble with persistent home directory
I have created a persistent home directory on one of my hard drives and i saved my system info to it as well and even if use "Knoppix home=/dev/hda2 myconf=/dev/hda2" it refuses to load up the user Knoppix from /dev/hda2.....do i need to reset Knoppix's home directory to this drive now?
-
Senior Member
registered user
I don't have a cd handy to check out ... so I'm going from memory ...
but, is the boot parameter:
home=/dev/hda2
or is it:
myhome=/dev/hda2
I have used a zip drive for my home and config files at school and it worked OK, but it's been a while back.
~rock
-
I have the boot parameter correct...its just not loading up the desktop that is saved on that partition! I've tried changing the users home directory in Kuser and i've tried modifying the knoppix.sh file manually and no luck...
-
can any body give me a hand here...
Similar Threads
-
By bucodi in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-19-2005, 10:05 PM
-
By ddrex in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-04-2005, 07:52 PM
-
By Geof in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-18-2005, 03:55 PM
-
By Dooley in forum The Lounge
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-30-2004, 08:43 PM
-
By zblace in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 06-24-2003, 10:48 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

🔀 Juniper Networks EX2300-C-12P 12× Gigabit PoE+ • 2× 10G SFP+ Compact Switch ⚡
$119.00

Juniper EX2300 12-Port Gigabit PoE+ Managed Network Switch P/N: EX2300-C-12P
$149.99

JUNIPER NETWORKS MIST AI AP63-US HIGH PERFORMANCE OUTDOOR ACCESS POINT - WHITE
$59.99

Juniper QFX5100-48S-3AFI 48-Port SFP+ 6 QSFP+ 2x SFP/RJ-45 Management
$249.97

Juniper SRX320 8-Port Security Services Gateway Appliance w/ AC Adapter
$59.99

Juniper AP47 Mist Wi-Fi 7 802.11 6GHz 4x4 Wireless Access Point (NEW)
$999.99

New Juniper SRX345-SYS-JB-2AC Junos Router Firewall Services Gateway 16GbE SFP
$560.15

Juniper EX3400-48T-AFI Ethernet Network Switch 48x1GbE 4x10GbE SFP+ 2x40GbE QSFP
$139.00

Juniper Networks EX2300-48P 48-Port Gigabit PoE Managed Ethernet Switch
$79.99

Juniper EX2300 Unclaimed 12-Port Gigabit Switch EX2300-C-12T
$249.99