-
trouble with persistent home directory
I have created a persistent home directory on one of my hard drives and i saved my system info to it as well and even if use "Knoppix home=/dev/hda2 myconf=/dev/hda2" it refuses to load up the user Knoppix from /dev/hda2.....do i need to reset Knoppix's home directory to this drive now?
-
Senior Member
registered user
I don't have a cd handy to check out ... so I'm going from memory ...
but, is the boot parameter:
home=/dev/hda2
or is it:
myhome=/dev/hda2
I have used a zip drive for my home and config files at school and it worked OK, but it's been a while back.
~rock
-
I have the boot parameter correct...its just not loading up the desktop that is saved on that partition! I've tried changing the users home directory in Kuser and i've tried modifying the knoppix.sh file manually and no luck...
-
can any body give me a hand here...
Similar Threads
-
By bucodi in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-19-2005, 10:05 PM
-
By ddrex in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-04-2005, 07:52 PM
-
By Geof in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-18-2005, 03:55 PM
-
By Dooley in forum The Lounge
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-30-2004, 08:43 PM
-
By zblace in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 06-24-2003, 10:48 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX
$59.99

ASRock Z890 Nova WiFi LGA 1851 Intel Z890 ATX Motherboard
$184.99

Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery
$54.99

MSI B460m-Bomber LGA 1200 Intel 10th Gen B460 M-ATX Intel Motherboard
$59.99

GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard
$59.99

ASUS PRIME Z370-A II LGA 1151 Intel Z370 DDR4 DIMM USB3.1 DVI ATX RGB
$69.99

Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)
$29.99

ASRock B550M PRO4 AM4 AMD B550 SATA 6Gb/s Micro ATX AMD Motherboard
$76.49

ASUS PRIME Z490-P LGA 1200 Intel Z490 SATA 6Gb/s ATX Intel Motherboard NEW
$121.45

ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield
$84.99