-
trouble with persistent home directory
I have created a persistent home directory on one of my hard drives and i saved my system info to it as well and even if use "Knoppix home=/dev/hda2 myconf=/dev/hda2" it refuses to load up the user Knoppix from /dev/hda2.....do i need to reset Knoppix's home directory to this drive now?
-
Senior Member
registered user
I don't have a cd handy to check out ... so I'm going from memory ...
but, is the boot parameter:
home=/dev/hda2
or is it:
myhome=/dev/hda2
I have used a zip drive for my home and config files at school and it worked OK, but it's been a while back.
~rock
-
I have the boot parameter correct...its just not loading up the desktop that is saved on that partition! I've tried changing the users home directory in Kuser and i've tried modifying the knoppix.sh file manually and no luck...
-
can any body give me a hand here...
Similar Threads
-
By bucodi in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-19-2005, 10:05 PM
-
By ddrex in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-04-2005, 07:52 PM
-
By Geof in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-18-2005, 03:55 PM
-
By Dooley in forum The Lounge
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-30-2004, 08:43 PM
-
By zblace in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 06-24-2003, 10:48 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

SK Hynix Server Memory 32GB (1x32GB) RAM DDR4 2400MHz HMA84GR7MFR4N Lot of 12
$1599.99

x2 Micron 16GB 2Rx8 PC4-2666V ECC REG Server Memory - MTA18ASF2G72PDZ-2G6E1
$179.00

2 in 1 USB 3.0 Card Reader Micro TF card Reader usb adapter High Speed Cardreder
$3.99

Lot of 2 Micron 16GB RDIMM MTA18ASF2G72PDZ-2G3B1 Server RAM
$149.00

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

Samsung 8GB PC4-21300 (DDR4-2666) Memory (M471A1K43CB1CTD)
$27.99

SK Hynix 64B PC4-2933Y Server Memory DDR4 RAM HMAA8GR7MJR4N-WM
$499.99

Samsung (8X16GB) 128GB 2Rx8 PC4-3200AA-RE2-12 Registered ECC Memory DDR4
$849.99

SK Hynix 32GB (4 x 8GB) DIMM DDR4 2133 2Rx8 ECC Memory RAM HMA41GR7AFR8N
$109.99

x4 Intel 128GB NMB1XXD128GPS Optane Memory 200 Series PMEM Module 3200 DDR4 RAM
$329.99