-
trouble with persistent home directory
I have created a persistent home directory on one of my hard drives and i saved my system info to it as well and even if use "Knoppix home=/dev/hda2 myconf=/dev/hda2" it refuses to load up the user Knoppix from /dev/hda2.....do i need to reset Knoppix's home directory to this drive now?
-
Senior Member
registered user
I don't have a cd handy to check out ... so I'm going from memory ...
but, is the boot parameter:
home=/dev/hda2
or is it:
myhome=/dev/hda2
I have used a zip drive for my home and config files at school and it worked OK, but it's been a while back.
~rock
-
I have the boot parameter correct...its just not loading up the desktop that is saved on that partition! I've tried changing the users home directory in Kuser and i've tried modifying the knoppix.sh file manually and no luck...
-
can any body give me a hand here...
Similar Threads
-
By bucodi in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-19-2005, 10:05 PM
-
By ddrex in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-04-2005, 07:52 PM
-
By Geof in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-18-2005, 03:55 PM
-
By Dooley in forum The Lounge
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-30-2004, 08:43 PM
-
By zblace in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 06-24-2003, 10:48 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB
$8.47

Critical BIOS ROM HPE ProLiant DL60 DL80 Gen9 (U15) U15_3.40_08_29_2024+iLO4
$7.99

Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC
$49.99

Critical BIOS ROM HPE ProLiant DL160 DL180 Gen9 (U20) U20_3.40_08_29_2024+iLO4
$7.99

Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64-Bit USB Flash Drive (HAV-00162)
$37.99

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$391.59

New Samsung DUO Plus 32GB USB 3.1 USB-C Flash Drive Gray MUF-32DB/AM
$19.95

1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot
$269.10

Critical BIOS ROM HPE ProLiant DL380/DL360 Gen9 (P89) P89_3.40_08_29_2024+iLO4
$7.99

Critical BIOS ROM HPE ProLiant BL460cWS46 Gen9 (I36) I36_3.40_08_29_2024+iLO4
$7.99