Hi,
I'm not a linux expert, so can someone help me out here?
Building my own remaster, I've installed a couple programs and tested them before building the iso. So far, no harm done.
Then, while testing this iso, I noticed some files were missing and after a while I figured out the cause. I installed and tested all my programs in a chrooted environment and one of the programs uses user specific settings, normally saved in $HOME. While running as root, $HOME ="/" and this causes my problem when starting from CD. As part of the Knoppix startup script, symbolic links are made from /xxx to KNOPPIX/xxx , but not to KNOPPIX/.
Can someone help me out here?
(I could copy this files from /KNOPPIX/ to /, but that doesn't sound neat to me)
Best regards,
Jasper van Dijk

Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7" Color SIP-T48S | TESTED
$34.95
SIM Bank 32 SIM Card Slots Ethernet SIM Server for GoIP
$400.00
Poly CCX 400 Desktop Business Media Phone VoIP 2200-49700-019
$49.99
Lot Of 5 Poly Edge E550 82M91AA IP Desktop Phone PoE New In Box
$1500.00
Yealink SIP-T33G IP Phone 4-LineSpeakerphone VoIP Desk Phone Black w/ Power Sply
$25.00
Grandstream HT701 1-Port FXS Analog Telephone Adapter ATA VoIP Gateway -Free S/H
$19.99
Grandstream WP810 Portable Cordless Wi-Fi IP Phone
$49.28
Grandstream VoIP Phone Adapter ATA 1-Line Black Ethernet (RJ-45) Micro USB
$27.07
Yealink SIP-T46S, t46G, & T46U IP Phone - Black, LOT of 14
$324.99
Cisco CP-8841 IP Phone Charcoal Handset And Stand Included
$27.99