Hi,
I'm not a linux expert, so can someone help me out here?
Building my own remaster, I've installed a couple programs and tested them before building the iso. So far, no harm done.
Then, while testing this iso, I noticed some files were missing and after a while I figured out the cause. I installed and tested all my programs in a chrooted environment and one of the programs uses user specific settings, normally saved in $HOME. While running as root, $HOME ="/" and this causes my problem when starting from CD. As part of the Knoppix startup script, symbolic links are made from /xxx to KNOPPIX/xxx , but not to KNOPPIX/.
Can someone help me out here?
(I could copy this files from /KNOPPIX/ to /, but that doesn't sound neat to me)
Best regards,
Jasper van Dijk

Lot of 500 Cisco 10-3145-02 QSFP-100G-CWDM4-S 100G CWDM4 QSFP28 Transceiver
$1500.00
Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99
$75.00
Cisco 8-Port Ethernet Catalyst Switch - WS-C2960C-8TC-L - Brand New
$50.00
Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver
$5.40
Cisco Nexus N9K-C92160YC-X 48P 25GbE SFP28 6P QSFP+/QSFP28 PE Switch
$439.00
Cisco C9300-48UXM-A Switch 9300 Series 48-port UPoE Network
$874.99
Cisco Catalyst C9120AXI-B Wi-Fi 6 Access Points
$36.00
Cisco C9300L-STACK-KIT2 Network Stacking Module Kit Catalyst 9300L & 9300LM New
$495.57
Cisco XFP-10G-MM-SR 10G XFP Transceiver
$79.89