-
How can I force one of two KNOPPIX filesystems to be detected
I have a KNOPPIX boot stick and a KNOPPIX boot laptop.
If I insert the stick into the laptop and fire the laptop up and visit Boot Order I can require the stick to be detected.
(i.e. perfectly normal KNOPPIX practice for many of us.)
However there then seems to occur a kind of "search" and although the stick was initially engaged, it is the laptop's KNOPPIX system that is detected and utilised thereafter.
Can I force the stick to be the platform that is used?
(The point of doing this is that I want to mess about with the laptop's filesystem - and so I want it to be "dead" not live while I do this.)
Thank you!
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S...
$9.64

NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch
$49.99

TP-Link TL-SG1048 48-Port Gigabit Rackmount Switch New Factory Sealed
$199.99

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch
$19.99

TP-Link TL-SG105, 5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Network Hub, Ethern
$15.25

10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W
$39.99

Arista DCS-7010T-48-R 48P 1GbE 4P 10GbE SFP+ RA Switch with rack mounts
$69.00

D-Link DGS-1210-28P 28-Port PoE Gigabit Web Smart Switch With Cord
$49.99

HP ProCurve J9265A 6600-24XG 10GBE Layer3 Gigabit Switch w/ 2 x PSU
$180.20