-
USB2 support with Knoppix 3.3
I have a Sony Micro Vault 128MB USB2 memory stick and when I plug it in to my PC running Knoppix 3.3, KDE places four icons on the desktop, sda1-4, but when I try to mount any of these four, if I use vfat as the file type (it has been formatted as such in Windows 2000) I get an error that the superblock cannot be read or it is the wrong file system type. If I mount it as usbftype then I can enter the directory, and there are two subdirectories 1 and 5 but there are no files on it... I also cannot copy anything to it....
Any suggestions would be gratefully received.
Tim
-
Senior Member
registered user
Somebody claims it can be made to work at least in Redhat 9.0:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...45558?v=glance
"You can even get this badboy working under Linux (i used RH9) if you FDISK it properly. Took me a few hours to get it to work but was fun when i did (I am a linux n00b so it dosn't take much know-how, just a good website and patients.)"
Looks like it comes with a fsck:ed up partition table by default, if that is the only problem it
should be easy to fix.
Similar Threads
-
By ewangr in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 12-10-2004, 09:11 PM
-
By lilsirecho in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 15
Last Post: 08-05-2004, 05:52 PM
-
By chrisjrn in forum Laptops
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-04-2004, 03:27 AM
-
By VWguyBruce in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 10-13-2003, 07:42 AM
-
Replies: 13
Last Post: 06-19-2003, 09:02 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Atari Antic Cd sound creator,Antic miniature golf,antic tournament checkers,more
$54.99

Atari 400 / 800 Computer Memory Module 16K RAM PCB CX853 - Works Perfectly
$18.95

Atari 130 XE/Atari 1050 Bundle W/ Cords And Extras (Powered On)
$300.00

Atari Home Computer Software/Books/Manuals/Magazines Lot - Read desc for details
$95.00

Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working
$99.99

A8PicoCart Multicart for Atari 800xl /65xe / 130xe / XEGS
$16.95

Atari 410 Program Recorder repair w manual sheet/ adapter cord
$23.99

Gotek USB Floppy Emulator v3.44 OLED (no speaker) Amiga Atari IBM Roland AKAI
$44.00

Atari 800 Home Computer 48K RAM In Original Box w/ Styro RF Switch Extra Games
$349.30

DEFECTIVE Atari 810 Vintage Computer Disk Drive powers on Unit Only Boo G3D
$49.29