-
USB2 support with Knoppix 3.3
I have a Sony Micro Vault 128MB USB2 memory stick and when I plug it in to my PC running Knoppix 3.3, KDE places four icons on the desktop, sda1-4, but when I try to mount any of these four, if I use vfat as the file type (it has been formatted as such in Windows 2000) I get an error that the superblock cannot be read or it is the wrong file system type. If I mount it as usbftype then I can enter the directory, and there are two subdirectories 1 and 5 but there are no files on it... I also cannot copy anything to it....
Any suggestions would be gratefully received.
Tim
-
Senior Member
registered user
Somebody claims it can be made to work at least in Redhat 9.0:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...45558?v=glance
"You can even get this badboy working under Linux (i used RH9) if you FDISK it properly. Took me a few hours to get it to work but was fun when i did (I am a linux n00b so it dosn't take much know-how, just a good website and patients.)"
Looks like it comes with a fsck:ed up partition table by default, if that is the only problem it
should be easy to fix.
Similar Threads
-
By ewangr in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 12-10-2004, 09:11 PM
-
By lilsirecho in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 15
Last Post: 08-05-2004, 05:52 PM
-
By chrisjrn in forum Laptops
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-04-2004, 03:27 AM
-
By VWguyBruce in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 10-13-2003, 07:42 AM
-
Replies: 13
Last Post: 06-19-2003, 09:02 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray
$174.99

OPNsense Firewall 8-Core Atom C3758 4GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI VPN
$95.00

AMD Ryzen 7 PRO 8700GE 8-Core/16-Thread Up to 5.1GHz AM5 (FL1)
$175.00

LG Gram 13.3" Laptop - Intel Core i5-8250U, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD (13Z980-U.AAW5U1)
$300.00

Lenovo ThinkCentre M720Q Core i5-8500T 2.10GHz 8GB 128GB SDD W11 Mini PC (Z3675)
$125.96

AMD Ryzen 7 9850X3D 8-Core 16-Thread 5.6GHz 120W AM5 CPU 100-100001973WOF
$435.99

Dell Optiplex 7070 8-Core i7-9700 3.0ghz 8GB DVDRW NO SSD Tower PC Computer
$169.99

Intel Core i9-9900K Coffee Lake 8-Core, 16-Thread, 3.6 GHz (LGA 1151)
$189.99

Apple Mac Pro (A1186, "8Core" 2007)Xeon X5365-4GB Ram 1TB HDD OS XLeopard NVIDIA
$274.99

Dell Latitude 7200 Touch Tablet Laptop 12” Core i5 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Win 11 Pro
$239.99