Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: USB2 support with Knoppix 3.3

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    27

    USB2 support with Knoppix 3.3

    I have a Sony Micro Vault 128MB USB2 memory stick and when I plug it in to my PC running Knoppix 3.3, KDE places four icons on the desktop, sda1-4, but when I try to mount any of these four, if I use vfat as the file type (it has been formatted as such in Windows 2000) I get an error that the superblock cannot be read or it is the wrong file system type. If I mount it as usbftype then I can enter the directory, and there are two subdirectories 1 and 5 but there are no files on it... I also cannot copy anything to it....

    Any suggestions would be gratefully received.

    Tim

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    361
    Somebody claims it can be made to work at least in Redhat 9.0:

    http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...45558?v=glance

    "You can even get this badboy working under Linux (i used RH9) if you FDISK it properly. Took me a few hours to get it to work but was fun when i did (I am a linux n00b so it dosn't take much know-how, just a good website and patients.)"

    Looks like it comes with a fsck:ed up partition table by default, if that is the only problem it
    should be easy to fix.

Similar Threads

  1. USB2 driver only in 2.4 kernel?
    By ewangr in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-10-2004, 09:11 PM
  2. Re-program knoppix.sh for USB2.0 enable...Success!!!!!
    By lilsirecho in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 08-05-2004, 05:52 PM
  3. USB2 PCMCIA Card
    By chrisjrn in forum Laptops
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-04-2004, 03:27 AM
  4. Knoppix 3.1 from CD - trying to access USB2 hard drive
    By VWguyBruce in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-13-2003, 07:42 AM
  5. Replies: 13
    Last Post: 06-19-2003, 09:02 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Toshiba MG04ACA400N 4TB SATA 6 Gb/s 7200 RPM 3.5

Toshiba MG04ACA400N 4TB SATA 6 Gb/s 7200 RPM 3.5" Enterprise Hard Drive HDD

$65.00



HGST Ultrastar 4TB SAS 12Gb/s 7200RPM 3.5

HGST Ultrastar 4TB SAS 12Gb/s 7200RPM 3.5" HDD HUS726040AL5214 4Kn

$56.00



Seagate BarraCuda ST5000LM000 5TB 5400RPM SATA III 6Gb/s 2.5

Seagate BarraCuda ST5000LM000 5TB 5400RPM SATA III 6Gb/s 2.5" Internal Hard

$169.99



Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5

Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A

$84.00



Seagate ST6000NM0115 6TB 256MB 7200RPM 3.5

Seagate ST6000NM0115 6TB 256MB 7200RPM 3.5" SATA 6.0Gb/s Enterprise Hard Drive

$159.99



Hitachi  / HGST Travelstar HTS541010B7E610 1TB 2.5

Hitachi / HGST Travelstar HTS541010B7E610 1TB 2.5" SATA III HDD

$29.99



Lot of 2 Seagate Constellation ES.3 ST2000NM0023 2TB 7200RPM SAS 6Gb/s 3.5

Lot of 2 Seagate Constellation ES.3 ST2000NM0023 2TB 7200RPM SAS 6Gb/s 3.5" HDD

$34.99



HITACHI ULTRASTAR 2TB 7.2K 6G 3.5INCH SATA HDD HUS724020ALA640 | TESTED WIPED picture

HITACHI ULTRASTAR 2TB 7.2K 6G 3.5INCH SATA HDD HUS724020ALA640 | TESTED WIPED

$34.95



Seagate 14TB Exos X14 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s 256MB 3.5

Seagate 14TB Exos X14 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s 256MB 3.5" Enterprise HDD ST14000NM0408

$354.99



New Western Digital WD40EFPX 68C6CN0 4TB 3.5

New Western Digital WD40EFPX 68C6CN0 4TB 3.5" SATA III Internal NAS Red Plus HDD

$137.59