Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Trouble booting from floppy. Does not find cd-rom?

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    3

    Trouble booting from floppy. Does not find cd-rom?

    Hi,

    I have successfully ran knoppix from cd on my laptop. But now I am trying to run it from an older pc that does not support booting from cd.

    So I am trying to boot from a floppy. I do get the first prompt but when I hit enter I get the message "replace disk....... in cd-rom" or something like that (I am at work now so I do not exectley know anymore. I will post the exact error tomorrow)

    When I boot to win95 the cd-rom is detected and i can read from the cd. I tried the following things:
    -another cd-rom drive
    -Setting lba support to false
    -Disconnecting the secondary hard disk and set the cd-rom to master
    -With hdd as secondary master and the cd-rom as slave

    Nothing seems to work. Does anybody know how to solve this?

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    3
    I solved it myself with the help of a bootmanager that does recognize my cd-rom

Similar Threads

  1. Trouble with booting
    By Blaurens in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-30-2004, 11:07 PM
  2. trouble booting
    By njmetalmeister in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-04-2004, 11:26 PM
  3. Trouble Booting
    By Polo2883 in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-24-2004, 12:01 AM
  4. trouble booting
    By hpljs1200 in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-04-2004, 08:41 PM
  5. trouble on booting
    By joinf in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-02-2003, 10:25 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Cisco Catalyst C9300X-NM-2C 2-Port 40G/100G Multi Gig picture

Cisco Catalyst C9300X-NM-2C 2-Port 40G/100G Multi Gig

$775.00



Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch picture

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch

$129.99



Cisco Catalyst C9130AXI-B WiFi 6 802.11ax Wireless Access Point Brand New picture

Cisco Catalyst C9130AXI-B WiFi 6 802.11ax Wireless Access Point Brand New

$101.99



Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module picture

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module

$699.99



Cisco Nexus N9K-C92160YC-X 48P 25GbE SFP28 6P QSFP+/QSFP28 PE Switch picture

Cisco Nexus N9K-C92160YC-X 48P 25GbE SFP28 6P QSFP+/QSFP28 PE Switch

$439.00



Cisco | N3K-C3232C | 32-Port 100G QSFP Network Switch  W/ 2x PSU, 2x Power Cords picture

Cisco | N3K-C3232C | 32-Port 100G QSFP Network Switch W/ 2x PSU, 2x Power Cords

$205.00



Cisco Catalyst WS-C2960X-48FPD-L 48-Port Gigabit Managed PoE+ Ethernet Switch picture

Cisco Catalyst WS-C2960X-48FPD-L 48-Port Gigabit Managed PoE+ Ethernet Switch

$69.99



Cisco C3850-NM-2-10G Catalyst 3850 2 x 10GE Network Module picture

Cisco C3850-NM-2-10G Catalyst 3850 2 x 10GE Network Module

$30.00



Cisco Catalyst WS-C2960+24TC-S 24-Port Gigabit Managed SFP Switch picture

Cisco Catalyst WS-C2960+24TC-S 24-Port Gigabit Managed SFP Switch

$39.99



Cisco ASR 901 Series A901-12C-FT-D Aggregation Services Router 800-40055-01 picture

Cisco ASR 901 Series A901-12C-FT-D Aggregation Services Router 800-40055-01

$122.40