-
Oh... let me see if I understand this correctly... I run Dave's script.... then I install firestarter... (or the reverse order?)
My internet connection went cranky in the afternoon so that about ended my computer session... apt-get dist-upgrade stalled because of this... hope it would be okay if I just restart the dist-upgrade...
-
Senior Member
registered user
--If you run my script, then that *is* the firewall. It has some limitations; if I want to add a rule on the fly, I have to add it to the script and rerun it to flush everything. You may have more options / better control with firestarter tho.
--I wouldn't recommend a dist-upgrade; that tends to Break Things Massively. Stick to upgrade.

Originally Posted by
bxb32001

Oh... let me see if I understand this correctly... I run Dave's script.... then I install firestarter... (or the reverse order?)
My internet connection went cranky in the afternoon so that about ended my computer session... apt-get dist-upgrade stalled because of this... hope it would be okay if I just restart the dist-upgrade...
-
Senior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
bxb32001

Oh... let me see if I understand this correctly... I run Dave's script.... then I install firestarter... (or the reverse order?)
My internet connection went cranky in the afternoon so that about ended my computer session... apt-get dist-upgrade stalled because of this... hope it would be okay if I just restart the dist-upgrade...
Dave's script is a firewall you would not need firestarter in that case and you would be making your own rules in the script file if you wanted to open additional ports. Firestarter does the same as Dave's script except with a graphical interface so you do not have to write your own rules. You should be able to safely re-start the dist-upgrade if you run into the libsensors-1debian1not installable bug you can get it here it is probably best to get it before you start the dist-upgrade to have it handy in case of problems also if kdelibs and libxcursor-dev will not install because a file exists in another package and it cannot overwrite it then you would cd /var/cache/apt/archives and dpkg -i --force-overwrite offending_package.deb to install the package.
-
Thanks guys, that clears it up...
This weekend has been a busy one so sorry for the time between replies...
Just one more thing....
When X starts up Konqueror opens up and looks for the Knoppix CD... after a while it gets really annoying... how do I take this away from the startup?
- Bryan
Oh... the Marlins won! (As well as Real Madrid and JC Ferrero...)
Similar Threads
-
By Jan_L in forum German Forum
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-03-2005, 03:16 PM
-
By djtwok in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 06-16-2004, 02:49 PM
-
By Mr.Redhat in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-11-2004, 02:46 PM
-
By publiusi in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 10-24-2003, 03:59 PM
-
By appel in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 12-21-2002, 11:47 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

RAM-HOL-SAM60CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock for Samsung Tab Active5 - 3 - 2
$81.99

(LOT of 8) Samsung 32GB 2Rx4 PC4-2666V-RB2-12 DDR4 Cisco Server RAM Tested 100%
$1299.99

Samsung Galaxy Tab Active 3/ 64 gig/WIFI
$85.00

40W Laptop Charger for Samsung Ativ Book 9/9 Plus/9 Lite/9 Spin, AC Adapter 3.0x
$50.99

RAM-HOL-SAM52CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock Samsung Tab Active4 Pro & Tab Active Pro
$81.99

Cell Phone Smartphone Computer repair banner poster sign iphone Samsung
$89.99

RAM-GDS-SKIN-SAM54-NG-1 RAM Mounts IntelliSkin® Next Gen for Samsung Tab Active4
$93.99

Samsung SCXSTP000, SCX-STP000 (Swingline Staple Cartridge - 3 Refills)
$57.99

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$90.00

Samsung PM9C1A 256GB m.2 2280 SSD GEN4X4 NVME MZVL8256HDJD new Laptop PC
$34.99