-
permissions for directories and files
I have a directory that has both files and directories within it. The permissions for this directory, and all it's recursive contents, are set to 755. I want to recursively set all the permissions for all the files to 644 (-rw-r--r--) and all the directories to 744 (drwxr--r--). How can I do this without editing the files individually? If I do chmod -R 744 ./files/ then the directories will open fine, but the files will have the execute bit set. But if I do 'chmod -R 644 ./files/' all the files will be nonexecutable like i want, but the directories won't open (they need the executable bit). How can I recursively change permissions for files and directories separately? I have read all the chmod and chown docs I can find, and there is no mention of this problem. Any and all help is greatly appreciated.
Similar Threads
-
By finder in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-13-2005, 03:40 PM
-
By finder in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-13-2005, 01:30 AM
-
By Ezor in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-04-2005, 07:26 PM
-
By newiaqua in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 12-26-2004, 07:49 PM
-
By davidc in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-15-2004, 08:15 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working
$99.99

Atari 400 / 800 Computer Memory Module 16K RAM PCB CX853 - Works Perfectly
$18.95

Atari 400 Home Computer System includes Power Cord G2U
$159.99

Atari 850 Interface Module For ATARI 400/800 Computer Vintage Tested
$50.00

Atari 1200 XL home computer with original owners guide and power supply power on
$255.00

Vintage Atari 1050 Disk Drive w/ SIO Cable & 32 Games/Programs - UNTESTED
$67.76

Atari 800 130XE 65XE Color S-Video, Composite Video & Audio Cable Tested
$29.78

Atari 800XL Home Computer 64K RAM in Original Box 1984 Olympic Edition Untested
$149.99

GreaseWeazle v4 board USB floppy drive adapter Retro All Formats
$35.00

DEFECTIVE Atari 810 Vintage Computer Disk Drive powers on Unit Only Boo G3D
$49.29