Hi I am very very new to Knoppix/Linux and I have loaded Knoppix on a Dell Inspiron 7000 laptop. I have a Origo 4 port router/modem which I connect via a USB cable to the laptop. If I go into USB viewer it tells me I have a USB net card but I am unable to connect to the internet or other computers on the network. I keep getting told I do not have a working ethernet card and do I want to run modconf. I have gone into this and have tried every USB ethernet driver but I am still unable to get this to work.
Any Ideas?

Vintage Cherry W. Germany G80-0486H/05 Mechanical 25-Pin D-Sub Keyboard M8
$170.99
Vintage Computer - PC Innovation Intel 486DX2 - Dos Ver 6.2 Windows 3.1
$250.00
Vintage Jetway J-620BF Socket 370 Celeron AT Motherboard SiS 620 Brand New
$75.00
Vintage HP Hewlett Packard 2112A 21MX 1000 M-Series 16-Bit Minicomputer
$419.99
Lot 14 Vintage ISA VGA Video Cards Trident CHIPS UMC 8-Bit 16-Bit 286 386 486
$199.95
Vintage Microsoft Office 4.2 for Windows Original Floppy Disks & Manuals 1994
$119.99
Vintage RARE 1980s Apple Computer Logo Frisbee. Great shape, w/ the usual nicks
$220.00
DEC T2053-DE MS65A-DA 128MB VAX 6000 Memory Board Gold Scrap Vintage
$79.99
Compaq Presario 7594 Vintage Desktop PC Windows 98 SE 64MB Floppy CD-ROM
$129.00
ASUS A7V333 Vintage Motherboard | Untested | For Parts
$44.89