-
Invitation to create sda3 for KNOPPIX-DATA has disappeared - why?
I have been using KNOPPIX 8.6.1 since announcement, installed to tiny bootable sticks and also to large capacity bootable mobile drives.
In the past, at first use, I have always got a nag to create an additional partition sda3 (reiserfs) to host /KNOPPIX-DATA/ which has provided a limited but useful personalised platform.
I recently installed the same thing 8.6.1 from the identcal original iso to a new stick and also to a different mobile drive.
I have altered nothing!
But there is no nag to create sda3; and even if I create it and format it, no oppotunity to use it as described (KNOPPIX-DATA) is either offered or enacted.
I've not obviously changed anything whatsoever (other than the physical devices).
Can anybody explain the inexplicable??
Thank you.
PS Almost no activity on this forum during 2022, 2023. Has the user base shrunk? Or is everybody but me too expert to need recourse to a forum??
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

2-Bay/4-Bay Hard Drive Enclosure for 3.5"/2.5'' SATA HDD/SSD 10Gbps USB-C 3.2
$75.99

Areca ARC-1882IX-24 (16i4e)24-Port RAID Controller Card w/BBU /HDD Monitor Board
$300.00

OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs
$87.99

Broadcom 9600-24i Tri-Mode RAID Controller 4.0 NVMe SAS SATA NEW 05-50111-01003
$639.69

WAVLINK RAID 2 Bay Hard Drive Docking Station SATA 2.5/3.5'' SSD HDD Enclosure
$119.99

Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV
$18.95

Acasis USB 3.2 2 Bay HDD RAID Enclosure for 2.5/3.5" SATA Drives External Array
$55.00

Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller
$64.99

Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD
$265.00

Adaptec ASR-71605 16-Port 1Gbps PCIe RAID Card High Profile
$18.49