Nobody can help?
Can you tell me, how to create a mini-size of Knoppix via remastering?
I wanno get a mini version of Knoppix, remove all other softwares, only remain the Knoppix's features, such as hardware-auto-detection-and-installation, and auto-configuration the X config files, etc.
I chrooted into the KNOPPIX, but the apt-get remove command and the dpkg -P command can not give me more help: too much packages needed to be remove, and I don't know their dependens.
Or, on the other hand, we can draw out the only files that we need. That is, if I only want to remain the hardware-auto-detection-and-installation, and auto-configuration the X config files, and I wanno build my own mini-Knoppix-ISO, how?
Thanks & regards,
Hiweed
Nobody can help?
a minimal knoppix with X and fluxbox, it would be great !
I think that Tech2k is the most capable to do this
Hello Tech2k, write a mini-tutorial to us, please![]()
http://www.damnsmalllinux.org/
or
http://flonix.tuxfamily.org
(I didn't try the second one).
DamnSmall is really great but its based on model-k and an old version of Knoppix. And it has a lot of apps installed including some non-debian![]()
The idea is to build a bare minimal version of the last Knoppix with only X and fluxbox. That would be great for remasters
Tech2k, please help us![]()
![]()
Please write a documentation for us,![]()
Thanks a lot!
I don't think there is an easy way other than install KNOPPIX to HD then apt-get remove all unwanted stuff.
It seems to be easier to start from debootstrap if one wants minimalist debian, just add knoppix-autoconfigure stuff onto it.

Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7" Color SIP-T48S | TESTED
$34.95
Yealink MP58 Cordless VoIP Conference Phone Bluetooth Handset Microsoft Teams
$95.99
Grandstream VoIP Phone Adapter ATA 1-Line Black Ethernet (RJ-45) Micro USB
$27.07
Cisco 8861 Gigabit IP Phone Phone 5-line business-class VoIP Wifi Bluetooth
$39.99
Grandstream WP810 Portable Cordless Wi-Fi IP Phone
$49.28
Cisco / Linksys SPA2102 VoIP 2FXS Phone Adapter with Router (unlocked)
$18.99
Cisco CP-8875-K9 Video Phone 8875 IP Desk Phone Bluetooth Wi-Fi - Brand NEW
$399.99
Cisco/Linksys SPA2102 VoIP Phone Adapter Router 2FXS (Unlocked)
$17.99
Poly CCX 400 Desktop Business Media Phone VoIP 2200-49700-019
$49.99
SIM Bank 32 SIM Card Slots Ethernet SIM Server for GoIP
$550.00