Permissions problem on the new fonts. Change the permissions. so everybody and use them. Also where the fonts installed as root?
Hi all,
can somebody help me with this problem, please:
I installed knoppix on my laptop harddisk, which
was quite easy, thanks alot for that to the guys who made the knoppix CD!
I have Windows2000 installed on the same disk, so
I installed windows2000 fonts into OpenOffice using spadmin,
following the instructions from http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtop...highlight=font.
But now I don't see any text labels in the OpenOffice applications anymore.
It seems that the X server does not find the font?!
I called spadmin as root, and strange is, that as user 'root' the OpenOffice
apps work fine (text is visible), but as user 'knoppix' not.
Any help is appreciated
Permissions problem on the new fonts. Change the permissions. so everybody and use them. Also where the fonts installed as root?
Yes, that was it! Owner and permissions were wrong. I changed them and it worked!
Thank you!![]()

Lot of 12 Vintage 1960's Military Logic Cards PCB Set Germanium Transistors
$299.00
Vintage Computer - PC Innovation Intel 486DX2 - Dos Ver 6.2 Windows 3.1
$250.00
Vintage HP Hewlett Packard 2112A 21MX 1000 M-Series 16-Bit Minicomputer
$419.99
Vintage Jetway J-620BF Socket 370 Celeron AT Motherboard SiS 620 Brand New
$75.00
Vintage S-100 California Computer Systems cards Z80 cpu + ADS PromBlaster
$895.00
Vintage Microsoft Computer/Briefcase Bag Great Condition No Strap
$25.00
Vintage Novell Netware 3.12 Books/Manuals + BorderManager Software Kit -See Pics
$48.88
4 Rare Vintage S-100 Video Boards
$595.00
Sanyo DM 5012CM Solid State Data Display Monitor Working Vintage 1980s 80s
$169.99
Vintage Sonic Solutions Macintosh Power Mac 3.5" Floppy Disks + Manuals RARE
$99.90