-
read only file system
A couple of days ago I had a VERY frustrating time with Knoppix.
I was trying to fix GRUB, but I kept on getting a "read only file system" error.
Something I was surprised to see as root.
From http://www.knoppix.net/docs/index.php/FaqRescue
I see maybe it needed to be remounted:
"mount -o dev /mnt/hda1", if its already mounted, you'll have to clear the "nodev" flag: "sudo mount -o remount,dev /mnt/hda1"
All the same. My internet connection was down with the unbootable machine. So how was I am going to get that info?
In the end I fixed the problem with a Debian Woody bootdisk. You see Debian bootdisk has a rescue option. And this is what I would love to see on Knoppix.
A cheatcode/option for a :
RESCUE MODE
http://www.knoppix.net/docs/index.php/CheatCodes
please and thank you for your time
Similar Threads
-
By weirdjd in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 06-27-2005, 09:40 AM
-
By cli168 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 06-20-2005, 03:57 AM
-
By nrj in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 8
Last Post: 01-30-2004, 12:41 AM
-
By tautges in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-04-2004, 10:22 PM
-
By nuke in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 7
Last Post: 10-09-2003, 03:26 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray
$174.99

AMD Ryzen 7 PRO 8700GE 8-Core/16-Thread Up to 5.1GHz AM5 (FL1)
$189.00

AMD Ryzen 7 9800X3D - Ryzen 7 9000 Series Zen 5 8-Core 4.7 GHz - Socket AM5
$375.00

Advantech ARK-3500 Fanless Industrial PC i7-3610QE 8GB
$200.00

AMD - Ryzen 7 7800X3D 8-CORE 16-THREAD 4.2 GHz (5.0 GHz Max Boost) AM5 UNLOCKED
$300.00

AMD Ryzen 7 9800X3D 8-Core 16-Thread AM5 Zen 5 Desktop Processor
$360.00

Intel Core i9-9900K Coffee Lake 8-Core, 16-Thread, 3.6 GHz (LGA 1151)
$189.99

Apple Macbook Pro 13" M1 8-Core 16GB 512GB - Good
$464.99

AMD Ryzen 7 9800X3D 8-Core 16-Thread AM5 Zen 5 Desktop Processor NEW
$380.00

Dell T7810 Workstation 8-Core 2.40GHz E5-2630 v3 No RAM GPU HDD OS
$259.98