-
read only file system
A couple of days ago I had a VERY frustrating time with Knoppix.
I was trying to fix GRUB, but I kept on getting a "read only file system" error.
Something I was surprised to see as root.
From http://www.knoppix.net/docs/index.php/FaqRescue
I see maybe it needed to be remounted:
"mount -o dev /mnt/hda1", if its already mounted, you'll have to clear the "nodev" flag: "sudo mount -o remount,dev /mnt/hda1"
All the same. My internet connection was down with the unbootable machine. So how was I am going to get that info?
In the end I fixed the problem with a Debian Woody bootdisk. You see Debian bootdisk has a rescue option. And this is what I would love to see on Knoppix.
A cheatcode/option for a :
RESCUE MODE
http://www.knoppix.net/docs/index.php/CheatCodes
please and thank you for your time
Similar Threads
-
By weirdjd in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 06-27-2005, 09:40 AM
-
By cli168 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 06-20-2005, 03:57 AM
-
By nrj in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 8
Last Post: 01-30-2004, 12:41 AM
-
By tautges in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-04-2004, 10:22 PM
-
By nuke in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 7
Last Post: 10-09-2003, 03:26 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Epson Card 486D4 Single Board Computer Card PCMCIA Vintage Industrial
$906.39

π₯ RARE VINTAGE HP 2112A 21MX M-SERIES 16-BIT MINICOMPUTER HP
$299.99

Lot of 2 Vintage Plextor PX-43CS SCSI CD-ROM Caddy Drives + 4 Caddies Used
$55.99

π₯ RARE VINTAGE HP 2113A 21MX 1000 E-SERIES MINICOMPUTER CHASSIS BACKPLANE
$249.00

VINTAGE HEWLETT PACKARD HP 110 LAPTOP WITH CARRYING CASE
$350.00

IBM ThinkPad 360C Vintage Laptop Black Screen No Battery w/ Charger AS IS
$175.00

Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot
$316.95

VINTAGE CLICKY KEYBOARD WHITE ALPS JIT TECHNOLOGY 5-PIN DIN TAIWAN
$129.95

Mixed Lot Box Of Vintage Used Diskettes / Floppy Disks 3.5 3.5" Lot Of 73
$45.00

HP 5060-8359 8K Semiconductor Memory Module 5080-9747 Vintage HP Computer
$224.72