Hi everyone,

i installed knoppix on my hdd and tried to run it but i got this error while booting:
Kernel panic: attempted to kill init!

I have no idea what it means cause i'm new to linux and i have no idea how to fix it. I really need some help.

further info:
hda1 -> WinXP
hda2 -> Data partition (fat32)
hda3 -> WinME
hda5 -> knoppix
hda6 -> swap partition
(hda4 wasn't in the list)

i had winXp and winME installed before i installed knoppix
for the dual boot in windows i used powerQuest bootMagic
(i even added linux in that menu but when i tried to boot it i had a black screen and that was it, but that's another problem)

when i boot from the knoppix cd it works perfectly.
I tried to install it with Lilo in the MBR and once without putting Lilo in the MBR, problem stays the same.

Thanks in advance,

Thundjar