-
Control ALT F1 trouble
I have knoppix installed on HD
When I do contgrol alt F1 or F2, my entire screen has lines like "IN=ETH0 out=....... mac=..... " , they keep scrolling up the screen and I can't type anything.
I think it was my firestarter firewall , which i believe I deleted already.
What's wrong?
Thanks
-
Senior Member
registered user
tried ctrl-C? there must be some error which causes these messages, I dunno what it is... I'd google the error msg...
btw you have a normal debian distro now, you should seek help somewhere else
-
Senior Member
registered user
==You shouldn't tell him to go somewhere else, he installed off a Knoppix CD and should reasonably expect a response here if someone knows the answer. However, posting in the hd-installed forum would be a better place. 
@ Newbie - do a ' ps ax ' and see if firestarter is still running - if it is, you can issue a ' killall firestarter '. Otherwise it almost looks like a tcpdump... To get around all the error msgs, you may have to issue it from an X terminal, and use sudo.

Originally Posted by
Superstoned
tried ctrl-C? there must be some error which causes these messages, I dunno what it is... I'd google the error msg...
btw you have a normal debian distro now, you should seek help somewhere else

-
Hi,
this are syslog messages. To change it once:
To change it permanently after next reboot:
Code:
echo kernel/printk = 2 4 1 7 >> /etc/sysctl.conf
sysctl -p
This changes the log level to crit(2) and you will see only critical errors on the screen.
Ciao Martin
Similar Threads
-
By cormander in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-18-2005, 11:35 PM
-
By JockVSJock in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 07-03-2004, 08:09 PM
-
By jbrush in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-15-2004, 12:29 AM
-
By Suoremacy in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 11-14-2003, 09:45 PM
-
By j.drake in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 09-11-2003, 07:04 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

IBM System X3850-X5 Server w/4x Intel Xeon E7-4870 CPU , 512 GB DDR3 RAM,NO HDD
$1299.99

Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series
$375.00

IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5" Bay Server No RAM
$179.99

IBM EMC 091-000-091 17 Inch Rackmount LCD Keyboard KVM Console 03N7012
$109.99

IBM Power 8 S822L Server 8247-22L POWER8 Enterprise 256GB RAM 2x 00KV626 CPU
$999.99

IBM System x3550 M3 1U Server 2x Xeon E5645, 192GB RAM, 2x 300GB HDD (7944-AC1)
$150.00

IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES
$110.30

IBM 4262 SYSTEM x3200 Tower - HDD Wiped, NO OS
$80.00

IBM ADP Server Type 7870 AC1 NO HDD | 128GB RAM PC3L | 2 x Xeon E5620
$199.99

Lot of 3 IBM 00JY196 ServeRAID M1210 PCI Express SAS SATA Storage Controller
$68.99