tried ctrl-C? there must be some error which causes these messages, I dunno what it is... I'd google the error msg...
btw you have a normal debian distro now, you should seek help somewhere else![]()
I have knoppix installed on HD
When I do contgrol alt F1 or F2, my entire screen has lines like "IN=ETH0 out=....... mac=..... " , they keep scrolling up the screen and I can't type anything.
I think it was my firestarter firewall , which i believe I deleted already.
What's wrong?
Thanks
tried ctrl-C? there must be some error which causes these messages, I dunno what it is... I'd google the error msg...
btw you have a normal debian distro now, you should seek help somewhere else![]()
==You shouldn't tell him to go somewhere else, he installed off a Knoppix CD and should reasonably expect a response here if someone knows the answer. However, posting in the hd-installed forum would be a better place.
@ Newbie - do a ' ps ax ' and see if firestarter is still running - if it is, you can issue a ' killall firestarter '. Otherwise it almost looks like a tcpdump... To get around all the error msgs, you may have to issue it from an X terminal, and use sudo.
Originally Posted by Superstoned
Hi,
this are syslog messages. To change it once:
To change it permanently after next reboot:Code:dmesg -n 2
This changes the log level to crit(2) and you will see only critical errors on the screen.Code:echo kernel/printk = 2 4 1 7 >> /etc/sysctl.conf sysctl -p
Ciao Martin

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$145.00
OPNsense Firewall 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI
$199.00
Check Point 1590 Firewall & w builtin WiFI and builtin LTE sim slot
$95.99
OPNsense pfSense 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB ECC RAM 512GB SSD 8-Port QAT AES-NI VPN
$258.00
Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F UTM UTP License Until 2027 Network Security FW VPN
$229.99
Fortinet FortiGate 80E 12 Ports Firewall Appliance
$20.25
OPNsense Firewall VPN QAT 8-Core Atom C3758 2.20GHz 16GB DDR4 128GB SSD 8xNIC
$175.00
Palo Alto PA-220 Next-Gen Firewall 520-000309-00J
$40.00
$170.00
Fortinet FortiGate FG-40F Network Security Firewall NO RACK EARS
$49.99