-
This is not easy stuff for me to. I have little experience with wireless.
But I'll give it a try anyway.
NWID is Network Identity. It' a 16 bit number. Your NWID should be identical to the one used by your basestation. Try pressing F1 in Windows XP to see if you can find that setting in Windows XP. I read on the internet that for some cards it needs to be the same as the channelnumber to create an auto frequenty search on both PC and base-station. So if you don't find anything you can try 6.
If you are asked for a channelnumber, you only have to fill in the number, so in your case it's 6.
IWPSY is a tool that gets wireless statistics from specific nodes.
On the internet you can find man-pages on that. Just search with google.
IWPRIV is a tool that configure optionals (private) parameters of a wireless network interface. There are also man-pages for that on the internet.
I think you can leave IWSPY and IWPRIV blank the first time and look into that later. (Don't forget it. It might be important for security reasons).
Well, I think I've answered your questions so far.
Good luck with this. I like to hear if you did manage to get a working connection.
Similar Threads
-
By javyn in forum Networking
Replies: 17
Last Post: 07-17-2004, 01:15 PM
-
By andymadigan in forum Networking
Replies: 4
Last Post: 07-12-2004, 10:50 AM
-
By myk in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 3
Last Post: 03-02-2004, 06:18 AM
-
By Romen in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 01-06-2004, 01:49 AM
-
By ihatemyusername in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 01-03-2003, 09:27 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch
$39.99

NETGEAR 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Switch (Gs305) - Desktop Quiet Fanless
$25.99

10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W
$39.99

5Ports Gigabit Network Switch w/ 4 PoE+ Ports Total 52W each port 30W Plug&Play
$31.99

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch
$19.99

TP-Link TL-SG105, 5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Network Hub, Ethern
$15.25

5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S...
$14.86

Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch
$46.99

TP-Link TL-SX105 10GB 5-Port Switch - Unopened
$195.00

TP-Link TL-SG1048 48-Port Gigabit Rackmount Switch New Factory Sealed
$199.99