Repair to what? As since the bootsector is not backuped (afaik)...
If you run any MS-DOS based system (Win3.x, Win9x, WinME) you can restore the MBR by booting to DOS and endter "fdisk /mbr"
Hi,
I installed Knoppix from CD to my harddisk with "yes" for Lilo.
After I finished the installation and I wanted to boot, I got the message:
There is no platform on the disk.
How Can I repair the bootsector?
Djordie
Repair to what? As since the bootsector is not backuped (afaik)...
If you run any MS-DOS based system (Win3.x, Win9x, WinME) you can restore the MBR by booting to DOS and endter "fdisk /mbr"
Hi,
The message I got was: there is no operating system.
But Linux is still on my hard disk.
How must I make it bootable?
Thanks
Djordie
Do you only have linux on your hd?
If so where did you put lilo? In your partition or in your mbr?
If you don't have windows or another OS on your hd you must put lilo on your mbr.
Did you make a boot floppy?
~rock
I have only knoppix on the HD.
There has not been any choice where to put LILO, THe only question was: do you want to install LILO and I said "yes"
I have a boot floppy, but when I use that, half way the start the system stops.
Any idea?
Search in this Forum for chroot lilo
Option Search for all terms
This is a resume
1. Bott of Knoppix CD
2. mount your HD knoppix partition
3. Open root shell and type : chroot /mnt/hda1 <enter>
4. Type lilo -v <enter>
5. Reboot computer
you may need edit /etc/lilo.conf

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99
Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00
Dell PowerEdge R730 Server 2x Xeon E5-2630 V4 64GB DDR4 2TB HDD Rackmount
$489.99
Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores | 32gb | HBA330 | 2x 1...
$324.99
Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD
$149.99
Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$524.99
Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99
Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$248.00
Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD
$99.99
Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$378.93