Post the output of
fdisk -l
Also
less /etc/fstab
OK I have installed Knoppix. I have 3 HD, 1 IDE1 master, 1 IDE1 slave and 1 IDE2 slave. How should these be set up in FSTAB and in the MNT directory? I can not seam to get it straight. It looks like I have a HDA, HDB and HDD. What else besides MNT and the FSTAB file needs to be modified. I check the QTpartition program and they are all there.
thanks in advance
Post the output of
fdisk -l
Also
less /etc/fstab
# /etc/fstab: filesystem table.
#
# filesystem mountpoint type options dump pass
/dev/hdb5 / ext2 defaults,errors=remount-ro 0 1
/dev/hdb1 none swap sw 0 0
proc /proc proc defaults 0 0
/dev/fd0 /floppy vfat defaults,user,noauto,showexec,umask=022 0 0
/dev/cdrom /cdrom iso9660 defaults,ro,user,noexec,noauto 0 0
/dev/dvd /dvd iso9660 defaults,ro,user,noexec,noauto 0 0
/dev/cdaudio /cdaudio iso9660 defaults,ro,user,noexec,noauto 0 0
# Added by KNOPPIX
/dev/hdd1 /mnt/hdd1 vfat noauto,users,exec,umask=000,uid=knoppix,gid=knoppi x 0 0
# Added by KNOPPIX
/dev/hda1 /mnt/hda1 reiserfs noauto,users,exec 0 0
/dev/hdb2 /mnt/hdb2 ext2 noauto,users,exec,umask=000,uid=knoppix,gid=knoppi x 0 0
/etc/fstab (END)
============================
Disk /dev/hdd: 1281 MB, 1281181696 bytes
64 heads, 63 sectors/track, 620 cylinders
Units = cylinders of 4032 * 512 = 2064384 bytes
Device Boot Start End Blocks Id System
/dev/hdd1 1 620 1249888+ 83 Linux
Disk /dev/hda: 2564 MB, 2564352000 bytes
128 heads, 63 sectors/track, 621 cylinders
Units = cylinders of 8064 * 512 = 4128768 bytes
Device Boot Start End Blocks Id System
/dev/hda1 1 621 2503840+ 83 Linux
Disk /dev/hdb: 3228 MB, 3228696576 bytes
128 heads, 63 sectors/track, 782 cylinders
Units = cylinders of 8064 * 512 = 4128768 bytes
Device Boot Start End Blocks Id System
/dev/hdb1 1 121 487840+ 82 Linux swap
/dev/hdb2 122 782 2665152 5 Extended
/dev/hdb5 * 122 782 2665120+ 83 Linux
root@Linux:~#
==================
Let me know what you think
I am trying to get icons on the desktop for each of these drives...minus the swap drive
Thanks
Also what is the easiest way to delete and add new users.
Thanks
knoppix has a command I'm not running knoppix right now but I think it is: mkdesktopicons
run that command from konsole and that should make all of your desk top icons for you.
~rock
I presume you're using the KDE desktop. You can right click on the desktop and make a new ?? whatever you want. You can mount any of your drives to any mount points you choose (as long as the mount points exist of course). You can have it done automatically or manually. It's all in fstab.Originally Posted by Eradicator
adduserAlso what is the easiest way to delete and add new users.
Thanks
deluser
Tricky huh?![]()
I had completely forgotten about that! I had to do a search:Originally Posted by RockMumbles
mkdesktophdicons

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00
AMD Ryzen 7 9800X3D - Ryzen 7 9000 Series Zen 5 8-Core 5.2 GHz - Socket AM5 120W
$399.99
Intel Core i5-11500 2.70 GHz LGA 1200 Desktop CPU Processor SRKNY
$94.99
Corsair RM750e 750W Fully Modular 80 Plus Gold ATX 3.1 PSU Certified Refurbished
$44.99
Intel 4th Gen Core i7-4790 SR1QF 3.60GHz (Turbo 4.00GHz) 8M 4-Core LGA-1150 CPU
$39.99
Intel Core i7-7700T 2.9GHz 8MB Socket LGA1151 Quad Core Processor SR339
$39.99
Intel i7-8700 Coffee Lake 3.2GHz 6-Core Max Turbo 4.6GHz Processor
$69.99
Intel Core i7-6700 3.40 GHz QUAD Core (4 Core) Desktop Processor 8MB LGA 1151
$29.99
COMBO: ASUS Prime H370M-PLUS MOTHERBOARD + i5-9400F CPU /w Heatsink + 16GB DDR4
$169.95
GAMING COMBO: ASUS Prime H470M-PLUS MOTHERBOARD + i5-10600KF CPU + 16GB DDR4
$229.95