-
Unable to mount AES256 homedir in Gentoo
Hi there,
I've been using Knoppix extensively lately, using an USB stick as homedir. It has a single FAT32 partition with an image of my homedir 'knoppix.img' on it. The image is encrypted with the AES256 encryption. Booting with "knoppix home=scan" works like a charm, asks me for my passphrase and mounts the stick as expected.
Now I want to be able to access the data on the image on my main computer as well. I've got Gentoo (kernel gentoo-linux-2.4.20-r8) running on it, with the 'cryptoapi' and 'cryptoloop' modules loaded. When I give the appropriate (I think) mount command, I get this:
Code:
sybren $ sudo mount -t ext2 /mnt/thumb/knoppix.img knoppix/home -o encryption=aes,keybits=256
Password: (I type my passphrase here)
mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/loop0,
or too many mounted file systems
AES encryption is supported by my kernel, since if I change it to something else, I get:
Code:
sybren $ sudo mount -t ext2 /mnt/thumb/knoppix.img knoppix/home -o encryption=aes256,keybits=256
The cipher does not exist, or a cipher module needs to be loaded into the kernel
ioctl: LOOP_SET_STATUS: Invalid argument
Does anyone know how I can access my stick on a non-knoppix system?
Similar Threads
-
By asdf in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-19-2005, 06:18 PM
-
Replies: 13
Last Post: 05-09-2005, 04:19 PM
-
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-21-2005, 11:39 AM
-
By ajonline in forum General Support
Replies: 9
Last Post: 04-05-2005, 01:14 AM
-
By rbivins in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-27-2004, 03:44 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray
$174.99

HP EliteBook 830 G8 Core I7-1185G7 3.00GHz Laptop 32GB RAM, 512GB SSD
$250.00

AMD Ryzen 7 PRO 8700GE 8-Core/16-Thread Up to 5.1GHz AM5 (FL1)
$189.00

SGIN 17.3" Laptop Intel Quad-Core Up to 2.4 GHZ 8GB RAM 256GB SSD HD
$229.99

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D 4.20GHz Quad Core 100-000000510 8 Thread AM4
$279.99

Intel Xeon E5 - 2667V2 / SR19W 3.30GHz 25MB 8-Core CPU Socket LGA2011
$30.00

Apple Macbook Pro 13" M1 8-Core 16GB 512GB - Good
$464.99

AMD Ryzen 7 9700X 8-Core 16-Thread 40MB Cache Socket AM5 9000 Series Processor
$245.99

DELL Optiplex 780 SFF CORE2DUO 3.0GHz 8GB RAM 250GB HDDDVDRW NO OS
$99.99

Dell OptiPlex 5070 SFF i7-9700 (8-Core) 3.0GHz 16GB 256 SSD Windows 11
$250.00