-
Help with loading from cdrom
Im very new to linux, Knoppix would be the first that Ive ever used. Im having a problem, and I dont know if its doing the thing its susposed to do, if its doing something wrong, or if I did something wrong, or if Im just not waiting long enough. Im guessing its probabally the first, but here goes my question: When I booted from the disk everthing went fine, I pressed f2 to get help and then did the lang=us thing (I didnt know what else to do..), then it went to a "Probing SICI... eota.o" screen(or something like that, cant remember the 4 letters or the name). It stayed there for like 45minuets with nothing happening. Using NTFS if it means anything.
Heh, I think I might have did something wrong, any help?
-
Senior Member
registered user
You can use several of the cheat codes listed when you hit F2 after booting the cd. Try it like this:
boot: knoppix lang=us noscsi
You can add more codes if necessary. They're there to adjust the boot time parameters to fit your particular hardware configuration. Search the forum for other examples.
Similar Threads
-
By johnnabn in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 5
Last Post: 08-24-2005, 06:16 PM
-
By mkyb14 in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 12-14-2004, 07:44 AM
-
By scubacuda in forum Laptops
Replies: 0
Last Post: 12-07-2004, 06:46 PM
-
By Darkever in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 8
Last Post: 08-08-2004, 02:40 AM
-
By Koga in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 01-11-2003, 12:07 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor
$114.99

(LOT OF 20) Intel Core i5-8400 CPU 2.80GHz Desktop Processor (SR3QT)
$700.00

INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH
$179.99

Intel Core i7-4770 3.40GHz Quad Core SR149 LGA 1150 CPU Processor tested
$35.00

Intel Core i7-9700 Octa-Core 3 GHz Desktop Processor LGA 1151
$79.99

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00

Intel Core i7-7700K SR33A 4.20GHz 4-Core LGA1151 CPU Processor
$62.95

Intel Core I7-7700 SR338 3.60 Ghz Processor
$39.99

Intel Core i7-12700 12 Core X208K805 LGA 1700 AS IS
$99.99

Lenovo ThinkCentre M920s SFF Barebones PC Motherboard PSU DVD No CPU RAM SSD
$27.99