If I hold the button long enough it will shut off once it says POWER DOWN but shouldn't it just shut itself off? When I was using Redhat it did on the same PC.
Thanks
I did a HD install and now when I try to shut down the system from KDE it just hangs when it says powering off. I tried holding in the power button but it does not shut down.
I have a PII 300 on an intel sebx440 mobo and 192mb RAM....
Any ideas? Anything else you need to help me?
Thanks
If I hold the button long enough it will shut off once it says POWER DOWN but shouldn't it just shut itself off? When I was using Redhat it did on the same PC.
Thanks
You can try when you get to your LILO boot screen and type in linux noacpi to disable the ACPI power saving which is reacting badly with APM if this works when you shutdown then you would edit your /etc/lilo.conf and add that to the append= line so that it would look like append="noacpi another_option" and run /sbin/lilo to commit the changes.Originally Posted by Eradicator
Thanks
I will give it a try. I am very very new to linux so I will have to work through those directions.
Also I have 2 other OS's listed on my Lilo screen. I think they were previous Linux installs. Where would I delete them...in the lilo.conf file? Are they always located in a particular spot?
What do you mean " run /sbin/lilo to commit the changes."?
Do you mean type that in the console (run /sbin/lilo)?
Thanks

IBM System X3850-X5 Server w/4x Intel Xeon E7-4870 CPU , 512 GB DDR3 RAM,NO HDD
$1299.99
Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series
$375.00
IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5" Bay Server No RAM
$179.99
IBM ADP Server Type 7870 AC1 NO HDD | 128GB RAM PC3L | 2 x Xeon E5620
$199.99
IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES
$108.92
IBM Power S824 12Bay 4U Server - 2x Power8 CPU, 512GB DDR4, MT: 8286-42A
$1731.00
IBM Power 8 S822L Server 8247-22L POWER8 Enterprise 256GB RAM 2x 00KV626 CPU
$999.99
Compaq ProLiant 1500R 5/100 rack server, Series 3155, with IBM 2.1GB HD, VINTAGE
$295.00
Rare Vintage IBM 93ZZ PowerPC Server Board - MCM Ceramic CPU - 40N1844 - 1.1 lbs
$49.99
IBM 02AN553 01LL325 IBM I/OADAPTER PCIe / PCN Internal Server Systems Adapter
$199.99