I've done a hd-install of knoppix and everything works great. This is my first experience with Linux by the way, and I find myself cursing anytime I have to log in under Windows now. But anyways, my issue is that I can't get KDE to flash the taskbar when I have a new message in my instant messenger.
It won't do it with Gaim, which I think is supposed to be able to...but it won't even do it with Kopete and that's a KDE app. Any ideas as to why this might be? I've actually reinstalled a few times for various other reasons and it never has flashed the taskbar. Thanks in advance for any advice.

EARLY INTEL 3101 Vintage Ceramic chip. ALL LEGS INTACT (BO)
$350.00
Vintage NEC CDR-1410A 50 Pin SCSI CD-ROM Optical Drive Used
$39.99
Vintage Teac FD-505 5.25" 3.5" Combo Drive 19307571-00
$199.99
VINTAGE Custom Built Desktop-AMD [email protected] 8GB RAM 80GB HDD NO OS-READ
$160.00
Vintage Creative Sound Blaster AWE64 Gold CT4390 ISA Sound Card - UNTESTED
$225.00
Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot
$316.95
Lot of 4 Intel C8102A-4 Vintage Ceramic Gray Trace Chip - SOLDER PULLS (BO)
$200.00
Intel C4009 Vintage Ceramic chip -1 missing leg (BO)
$75.00
HP OmniBook 425 Vintage Computer RARE Computer Only WORKS W/Flashdisk
$299.99
Vintage Sony CD-ROM Drive CDU5211 IDE Optical Used
$19.99