I've done a hd-install of knoppix and everything works great. This is my first experience with Linux by the way, and I find myself cursing anytime I have to log in under Windows now. But anyways, my issue is that I can't get KDE to flash the taskbar when I have a new message in my instant messenger.
It won't do it with Gaim, which I think is supposed to be able to...but it won't even do it with Kopete and that's a KDE app. Any ideas as to why this might be? I've actually reinstalled a few times for various other reasons and it never has flashed the taskbar. Thanks in advance for any advice.

Crucial MX500 500GB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT500MX500SSD1
$52.99
SSD 880EVO SATA III 2.5 4TB INTERNAL STATE DRIVE
$214.99
Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive
$39.99
KingSpec SSD 2.5" SATA3 Internal Solid State Drive for PC,Laptop,Mac
$60.00
Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$549.00
SAMSUNG SSD 512GB 500GB 480GB 256GB 250GB 240GB SSD 2.5 Solide State Drive 6Gbps
$37.99
128GB SSD M.2 PCIE NVME Solid State Drive Mix Brand Samsung, WD, SK Hynix Kioxia
$16.59
Samsung 256 GB Internal SATA SSD Fully Tested 50%-79% Health
$24.00
Netac 1TB SSD 2.5'' SATA III 6 Gb/s Internal Solid State Drive 500MB/s MAC/PC
$109.99
Netac 2TB SSD 3D NAND 2.5'' SATA III 6GB/s Internal Solid State Drive
$190.00