I still get this error. Have no idea why.
when I open openoffice for the first time in a session, and save a file, it says "Error loading BASIC of document file://opt/openoffice/share/basica/Template/script.xlb/:General Error" General input/output error.
What does this mean? I have to click away ten or so of these boxes before the file is saved. Each error shows the location of a different "script.xlb". I apt-get removed openoffice and apt-get installed it again and this problem did not go away. In fact, it got worse. it went from 5 or so error alerts to about 10.
I still get this error. Have no idea why.
Have you previously been running OO. I had the same problem but removing my $HOME/.openoffice directory fixed it. I guess .openoffice stores some invalid paths from earlier installations.
A
http://www.linuxquestions.org/questi...hreadid=113208
This issue was resolved on LinuxQuestions.org.
Posting here so people can see for future reference.

🔀 Juniper Networks EX2300-C-12P 12× Gigabit PoE+ • 2× 10G SFP+ Compact Switch ⚡
$109.99
Juniper EX2300 12-Port Gigabit PoE+ Managed Network Switch P/N: EX2300-C-12P
$149.99
Juniper Networks EX2300-48P 48-Port PoE Gigabit Switch (Renewed)
$361.91
Juniper Networks EX2300-48P 48-Port Gigabit PoE Managed Ethernet Switch
$79.99
Juniper AP47 Mist Wi-Fi 7 802.11 6GHz 4x4 Wireless Access Point (NEW)
$999.99
Juniper SRX320 8-Port Security Services Gateway Appliance w/ AC Adapter
$59.99
Juniper Networks MX204-HW-BASE *BRAND NEW FACTORY SEALED* READ DETAILS
$8199.99
Juniper EX4300-48T-AFO 48-Port 10/100/1000Base-T Switch+ Dual PSU w/EX-UM-4X4SFP
$49.99
Juniper QFX5100-48S-3AFI 48-Port SFP+ 6 QSFP+ 2x SFP/RJ-45 Management
$249.97
Juniper Networks Mist Wireless Access Points, Model AP45
$59.99